UK Tokai owners convention

Discussion that is not Tokai or guitar focused.

Moderator: ned

Chipps
Guitar God

Post by Chipps » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:34 am

Depending on the date, count me in too... :-)

I can make anywhere from Yorkshire to Oxfordshire... (assuming I'm in the country that weekend) - and London at a push too...

twinfan
Guitar God

Post by twinfan » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:04 am

Another possible here, date dependent. I'll bring along one or both of my two Tokais - a Love Rock Relic and an SG Special.

BillyWizz
Guitar God

Post by BillyWizz » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:47 pm

I can bring a case.

Chipps
Guitar God

Post by Chipps » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:51 pm

A case of beer? :)

stratman323

Post by stratman323 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:51 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That will be fine

:P

chrisheyes
Guitar God

Post by chrisheyes » Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:47 pm

Count me in too

It would be great to meet up

bruceboomstick
Guitar God

Post by bruceboomstick » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:05 am

I'd be up for this - is there any idea of a date or location?

stratman323

Post by stratman323 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:32 am

So far, I'm looking at a Saturday afternoon & evening in February somewhere in London. Suggestions about where it should be held are welcome.

Hopefully, if it's a success, one of our more Northern members will arrange the next one somewhere a bit further North.

All suggestions welcomed. 8)

jawilluk
Guitar God

Post by jawilluk » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:47 pm

What facilities do you think are required?

stratman323

Post by stratman323 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:26 am

OK, well we need a room we can use from early afternoon till the evening, it needs to be part of or close to a reasonable hotel/motel for those who are travelling from further away. We need to be able to make a bit of noise, though not necessarily a very loud noise. (Marshalls can be turned down, can't they John?)

The ability to buy tea/coffee/beer etc, would be very welcome. It needs to be easily accessible by both car (adequate car park required) and public transport, preferably a maximum 5 or 10 minute walk from a tube station.

And not too expensive to hire for a day! Have I missed anything? Any suggestions?

JohnA
Guitar God

Post by JohnA » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:57 am

stratman323 wrote:(Marshalls can be turned down, can't they John?)
I'll bring my powerbrake :(

jawilluk
Guitar God

Post by jawilluk » Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:23 pm

Any further moves on this?

In my previous posting I asked 'What facilities do you think are required' and only Stratman replied
with a list. I asked this because I have access to a room which would be very reasonably
priced but it meets almost none of the requirements in the list! Here goes;

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-
We need a room we can use from early afternoon till the evening - No problem

Close to a reasonable hotel/motel for those from further away. - The hall is in Battersea, SW london.
Reasonable hotels are few and far between in this part of the world.

We need to be able to make a bit of noise, though not necessarily a very loud noise. - Noise can be quite
loud until 21:00hrs approx.

The ability to buy tea/coffee/beer etc, would be very welcome. - I could arrange tea and coffee makng
facilities and canned beer could be made available at cost.

It needs to be easily accessible by both car (adequate car park required) - No car parking next to the place.
It's in a position close to a bridge so parking is in the streets on the other side of the main road. Pay and
display until 18:00Hrs, free after.

and public transport, preferably a maximum 5 or 10 minute walk from a tube station. - 0.9 miles from
Clapham Junction. 2 miles from nearest tube.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FYI. The hall is an ex chapel built next to a house in SW London. It is all hard surfaces and consequently,
it's very 'Live'. It can hold about 240 people for a gig or party. It has nice stage but no sound gear.
However if people wanted to jam, this would be possible if somebody brought a kit (and could play)
or I could arrange to hire one. I already have a bass amp there which could be used.

Further comments welcomed.

Chris

stratman323

Post by stratman323 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:05 am

I was going to start looking for somewhere now that New Year is over. The lack of proximity to a hotel seems to me to be the biggest problem for those who are travelling to London, and want to enjoy a few beers and stay overnight, and be able to carry their guitars back to their hotel room, rather than having to rely on their car.

Apart from that, it sounds good. So what do the rest of you think?

JohnA
Guitar God

Post by JohnA » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:24 am

Sounds great! The hotel thing isn't that big an issue it'll keep me off the beer :wink:

stratman323

Post by stratman323 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:47 am

Come on people! Let's have some indications from all of you who have posted so far - is this venue that has been suggested suitable for you? Will you attend if we arrange something there?

Or would you prefer somewhere else? Where?

Personally, I would prefer somewhere north of the river, but that's just me being selfish. But whatever your views, please say something, or this convention is gonna be dead in the water..... :(