Springy Sound 1980 ST 60 (or 80)

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dongrosh

Reaction score
i just want to let you know that one of my babes has to go cause i
need some place for my 335 (LS150). I bought it from Gottfried
(guitargod here?) and she?s like an old Strat has to be - she has
very nice Clapton-Sounds and looks like an beauty.

I ask the price i paid to Gottfried, shipping free in germany.

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=200164980011&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=010

Nice. Presumably it must be quite late (81? 82?) as it doesn't have that stupid plug in the headstock. So which model is it?

Mike

Hmmm, very tempting. I wish I could read what the advert says! Is there anything in the wording I need to know? I can just about swear in German if I dig back into my memory..... :-?

How much would postage to the UK cost? And (just to refresh my poor tired old brain), is that the only additional cost? VAT is included? And there are no Customs duties or anything else within the EU?

Mike

stratman323 said:
Hmmm, very tempting. I wish I could read what the advert says! Is there anything in the wording I need to know? I can just about swear in German if I dig back into my memory..... :-?

How much would postage to the UK cost? And (just to refresh my poor tired old brain), is that the only additional cost? VAT is included? And there are no Customs duties or anything else within the EU?

Mike

Mike, i don?t know if YOU have to pay any duty/VAT when i sent that from germany to england - but i didn?t think so, the transport will be around 50 ? i think you can check that yourself or i can do that. pm me your adress - Wilfried/dongrosh (playin not Don Grosh at the moment :))

rgrafend said:
I'd say ST80 because of the "E-stamped" pups.
R

Thanks for that Rupert. If it's an 80, shouldn't it have an "80" stamped into the fingerboard?

Although 3 tone Sunburst & a 3 ply, 11 screw sctachplate are correct for an early 60s Strat copy, are they correct for a Springy?

Mike

Hi!
I believe the "80" would only be stamped on 70s, not 80s.
Cheers. Rupert

Sorry, you mean Springys from the 1970s, not the 1980s?

Mike

Hi, yes, Springys from the 70s. Same goes for LSs.

One question is if she's nitro. ST80s should be nitro too.

Cheers. Rupert

Yes, that's why I'm keen to know if it's a 60 or an 80...

Mike

I have. :p Perhaps he's away? I haven't seen him on here for a while.

You guys might find some of the info you need here
http://www.tokaiguitar.de/vintage.php?folder=vintage_guitars&kat=010

Dave

i have abandoned the auction for the moment -
there are so many pm?s and mails and offers
over the price i asked - i have to think about
all.....hope for your understanding.

You can pm me all the time.

Gah! Well done, Mike. :)

Does that mean I can start looking for rosewood board springys on eBay now? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back