I hope no one is bidding on this

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawkeye2u

Reaction score
Holy crap

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Vintage1981-Tokai-Springy-Sound-SpaghettiLogo-ST-80-MIJ_W0QQitemZ280161780040QQihZ018QQcategoryZ2384QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD2VQQcmdZViewItem

That one's got Stratman's name on it, he's on the lookout for a Springy :D

Actually for the price it's up for, a bit of cosmetic surgery and you could have a nice player for not much cash.

Jesus! I wonder what the thought process was?

"Well here we have an example of one of the finest pieces of design from the 20th Century. A design that is both beautiful and functional, one that is still beyond improvement after more than 50 years. The most copied guitar ever made. Hmmm, I'm sure I could improve it if I cut part of it off with a saw........"

We should bring back capital punishment for cruelty to Strats :evil: May the person who did that rot in hell :x

So good of you to think of me John, I'm very grateful :-?

Mike

I spotted that a few days ago and though my brain told me something was missing, I couldn't work out what it was for at least five minutes. As awful as docking a dog's tail!

JohnA said:
That one's got Stratman's name on it, he's on the lookout for a Springy :D

As somebody else said recently, in a very different context,

"I'm keen - I'm not desperate!"

Mike

Yutaka had that unfortunate looking thing listed several months ago, and needless to say, no one would touch it

Who wants an ugly girlfriend? Who wants a Strat with a sawed off head stock? I wouldn't want either....................

Maybe if he's lucky he can trade it for this :

http://cgi.ebay.com/1979-80STokai-Les-Paul-Reborn-LS-120-big-head_W0QQitemZ170151809535QQihZ007QQcategoryZ2384QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
(I had to use Internet Explorer to open the photos link but it's worth the trouble!) :eek:
________
Vaaapp vaporizer

MIJvintage said:
Yutaka had that unfortunate looking thing listed several months ago, and needless to say, no one would touch it

Who wants an ugly girlfriend? Who wants a Strat with a sawed off head stock? I wouldn't want either....................

Thanks for the tip :D

Made me think...chainsaw..barmitzvah

:roll:

This one is returning, returning, returning....

Give the seller another 5 months and he will have spent the value of the body and pups on ebay-charges.

I actually believe it is real. But such a shame!

R

Just 2nd thoughts: I happen to have an ST80 neck.

Perhaps the seller is in this forum....
:D

Do you think the person who did that to an ST80 should be allowed to join the forum? :evil:

Mike

Maybe we should start a thread on what should be done to the person who did that? Of course it may not have been the seller.......

But does that matter? :lol:

Back