Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Greco pricing question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Greco
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlanN
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:10 am    Post subject: Greco pricing question Reply with quote

Hello! I was playing a Greco standard LP copy earlier today - it's a chambered, two-piece body. Comes with a hard case, lovely neck pickup, bridge swapped for some Seymour Duncan rubbish but the original is included.

So, two questions:

The serial on the back of the headstock was the only clue to the model - it was G787862. Anything dodgy about that?

Secondly, if it's not a copy and is really a 1978 model - it's in lovely condition, which has me suspicious, though missing the scratchplate - what would you price it at?

Thanks!
mojoburst
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi alanN! the guitar is from july,1978. must be EG-450, maybe EG-500. the model-line is pre-super real. this are the chambered models during that period. i haven?t heard about korean-copys from that period, but if you are able to check out the control cavity, you normally must find braided wire, full-size pots(24mm) and a clearly-laquered cavity. this model seems to be made in japan . if there are the smaller pots(16mm), standard-wire, and the cavity is black painted, this model seems to be korean-made . the orig.japanese version also has the dowel-tenon neck-joint and the orig.PU must be a U-1000,to be identified at the first number on the PU-back, which must be a 1. if the guitar is in a really great condition you can find equal models on ebay 450,-$-priced. good luck!
AlanN
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aah, thank you! I'll leave this one alone, then - the price is far too high.

The level of knowledge on this forum is absolutely astounding. Thanks a million, mojoburst!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Greco All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: