Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

burny les paul is to heavy, should i route out the back?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Burny/ Fernandes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MIJvintage
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: burny les paul is to heavy, should i route out the back? Reply with quote

burnyIII wrote:

Excuse my harsh words, but whimps and fags do annoy me too much.

CYah
B.

I really doubt that Ned would prefer that HIS forum be utilized for such bigoted BS but then hey, I could be wrong

If you actually want to live in a past centuries, then maybe you should consider going back in time....................

"Yeah, yeah. We're in the bureau of beer and fire and cigarettes. And maybe some chicks, too." - Beavis
burnyIII
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:59 pm    Post subject: Re: do not route out the back? Reply with quote

Once again I excuse for my harsh words.

MIJvintage wrote:

If you actually want to live in a past centuries ...

Hmmm, i never though 'bout this, but if this century is a century where you are not allowed to say open what you think and show what you feel, then this might be not my century. Political 'correctness' is a rather sick invention, imho.

Quote:
.... then maybe you should consider going back in time....................

If you lend me your time machine, i think about that

To go back to the topic:
it was said several times, but some made here a storm in a teacup, so maybe it should be said again:

do not ruin your Burny.
Accept it like it is or sell it so someone who likes it as is. If the only problem is that you can't play it long hours, buy a second, lighter guitar and change guitars when the Burny gets too heavy.
And buy a good, broad bolstered leather belt. That reduces the felt weight a lot.

CYah
B.
MIJconvert
Sus4add11

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hmmm, i never though 'bout this, but if this century is a century where you are not allowed to say open what you think and show what you feel, then this might be not my century. Political 'correctness' is a rather sick invention, imho.

This is not political correctness.....its about having manners, not insulting someone's physical constitution. This is not about calling "it as it is", it sounds more like a gratuitous insult than a constructive criticism.

Is it "politically correct" to ask for some manners here? Some decency? I dont think so.

Claiming this is "political correctness" is a (pardon the pun) thin veneer for excusing a cheap shot (no provocation) at another person.

Honestly, maybe the dude has a bad back from his line of work, or old age, if so...that makes you kind of "sick" to take advantage of someone's physical circumstance and display your machoism at his expense.

I like solid-bodied guitars with no relief holes myself, but I wont view someone else as a sissy for wanting relief holes.

As every guitarist knows - play what feels right for you.
cyberpunk409
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Re: do not route out the back? Reply with quote

burnyIII wrote:
Political 'correctness' is a rather sick invention, imho.

at the risk of getting flamed, i must concur ("gay" remarks aside of course)

i'm studying to be a teacher, and got told off by my supervising teacher for using the term "caveman"... it's CAVEPEOPLE these days *rolls eyes*

EDIT: btw, im not condoning or condeming anything anyone has said in this thread, im talking about Political Correctness in general
burnyIII
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MIJconvert wrote:
Honestly, maybe the dude has a bad back...

As stated before, i have several slipped disks.
I know what heavy back pain is, probably i know heavier back pain than the most people here.
And i had to learn that the right sports, done regularely and with energy, is the cure. A strong back is a less painful back.
While pampering yourself makes things just worse.

CYah
B.
villager
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

get a 4'' wide padded strap..that will make life a lot easier for u.
stratman323

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:23 am    Post subject: Re: burny les paul is to heavy, should i route out the back? Reply with quote

burnyIII wrote:

If you think that all of the people who spoke out against your ignorant comments did so because of "political correctness", you're sadly wrong. As well as sad. Refusing to accept racism, sexism, homophobia etc is nothing to do with "political correctness" - that was a term invented in the 70s to encourage people to change the language they used. Since then, society as a whole has changed in it's view of what is acceptable to say - not political correctness but respect and courtesy to your fellow man and woman.

For example, in the 70s in Britain (I can't speak for other countries), it was not uncommon to hear white people openly refer to non-white people by various racist terms. That is no longer acceptable - people who wish to use these terms have to do so quietly and in private for fear of being condemned for their ignorance. In a small way, society has moved on. Sadly, it appears that you haven't.

You might believe that "political correctness is a rather sick invention". To most decent people these days, bigotry is a great deal sicker. If you wish to promulgate your bigotted views of a minority group (in this case "fags", but I'm sure there must be others who "annoy you"), kindly go and do it elsewhere.

Now could we get back to guitars and related musical topics please?

Mike
Mickdal
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, +1 Mike

regards

Mick
burnyIII
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:31 am    Post subject: Re: do not route out the back? Reply with quote

cyberpunk409 wrote:

at the risk of getting flamed, i must concur ...

Yep.
Polical "correctness" sometimes has sick effects and just hides resentments, without really changing them. Imho.

Back to guitars:
what villager and me wrote 'bout the right guitar strap
is more usefull than that tokenistic indignation, imho.

CYah
B.
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: burny les paul is to heavy, should i route out the back? Reply with quote

stratman323 wrote:
burnyIII wrote:

For example, in the 70s in Britain (I can't speak for other countries), it was not uncommon to hear white people openly refer to non-white people by various racist terms. That is no longer acceptable - people who wish to use these terms have to do so quietly and in private for fear of being condemned for their ignorance. In a small way, society has moved on. Sadly, it appears that you haven't.

Mike

Oh it still exists openly here in the South - rural Texas, Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama, Georgia....etc.

A carry over from a generation before mine for sure, but still existant and spoken unabashedly. Makes me queasy when I hear someone use those epithats in conversation....and even more so from educated, eloquent white folks....They've just grown up knowing and hearing that from their parents, grandparents and so forth. Is it acceptable - not at all. That's why I and so many people bristled at burnyIII's words.

Whatever.....I don't want to get too semantic here. It's a guitar forum and I'd like to think that we are all friends. Let's just be respectful of one another because in the most simple terms, we don't know each other's ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion or political affiliation. Let's keep it that way. I come here to escape the crap going on in the world today.
cyberpunk409
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well said
MIJconvert
Sus4add11

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

benrod clearly loves his Burny, let him do what he wants to it...its his guitar not ours
luis
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to the subject....

I prefer a bit light guitar regarding weight just because it?s more comfortable and I?m not as tall as some of you.I have a 4,5 kg Tokai which is a really good guitar,my 2nd best solid guitar and I enjoy it a lot great secondary tones on it.I have an old Ibanez ,it weights 4,8 kg,maybe a bit more and it?s a good sounding guitar and very very versatile,but weight takes me not to play so much because back headache.On another side I can stand LP style guitar weigh but for any reason I can?t a strat, I don?t know why....
stratman323

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's easy to solve this problem. If a LP type is too heavy for you (and I don't blame you - they ARE far too heavy), get a Strat. You'll look cooler and sound better.

Easy.

Next problem please....
villager
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stratman323 wrote:
It's easy to solve this problem. If a LP type is too heavy for you (and I don't blame you - they ARE far too heavy), get a Strat. You'll look cooler and sound better.

Easy.

Next problem please....

hehe ...sound thinner and weaker more like....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Burny/ Fernandes All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: