1980 Tokai Love Rock?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mickdal

Reaction score
This one is listed as a 1980 love rock, er, the tuning pegs, tell me otherwise, what really is she? I am not a Tokai Love Rock expert, so I could be wrong...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tokai-Love-Rock-Guitar_W0QQitemZ250163564640QQihZ015QQcategoryZ2384QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

thanks guys

Mick

Hey thanks ochay, shame about the pegs, and the top E peg is not straight....

I guess you pay for what u get? but she is a vintage 1980, one of the first Love Rocks, and that's what raised my eyebrows with interest.

Mick

I don't know, no pickguard, changed tuners, doesn't come with a case, and it's from a little later on in the run with the funny truss rod cover and it's not a Reborn or Reborn Old. Plus, it's been up on ebay at least 5 times this summer (even at a lower price) and has not sold. That says something. I'd be worried about extra holes or enlarged holes from the tuners and maybe that is the reason why.

It didn't look old enough to be an 80 to me. I'm guessing it's actually a later model, but I'll be the first to point out that I don't know much!

Back