• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Tokai 1981 Springy Sound

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Risko1

Reaction score
1981 Tokai Springy Sound VS80 with original hard case. This is an SS ST80 but built more for rockin with a slightly different body and dual hums hence the VS designation. The neck is an ST 80 springy sound neck.
VERY RARE! The VS60s, VS80s, VS100s were made for a number of years but 2001 was the only year they used the Springy Sound Neck and Springy Sound designation and only made 200 of them!

Guitar is Mint Condition.
This is a serious collectors guitar. $1200

Hmm, it seems Tokai prices are rising :eek:

Risko1
Plucker
Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 9:34 am Post subject: PRICE FOR SPRINGY SOUND VS80
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll accept $1100 it!

Everything rare rises in value over time especially if the condition is mint. There are a lot of crap condition Tokais out there. Few are prestine. Even fewer Springy Sounds and only 200 of this 1981 VS80 Springy Sound model! It's worth every bit of the asking price! :D

It is a nice guitar,
But important is not what you ask for - important is what you'll get.
The market place will rule it.

But: "seller will not ship internationally"...
BTW, how do you read those pages, I only get lots of ??????????

Oh, that's cool! Translation from Japanese to English and then from Engl. to German!! Hope, I will understand everything... In Germany we have a game which is called "silent post", you have to whisper a word or a sentence into your neighbours ear and so on, and after passing it to about 5 people, it's funny what comes out of the last mouth... :wink:

Risko1 said:
Everything rare rises in value over time especially if the condition is mint. There are a lot of crap condition Tokais out there. Few are prestine. Even fewer Springy Sounds and only 200 of this 1981 VS80 Springy Sound model! It's worth every bit of the asking price! :D

Risko1 - you may not realise it, but togps knows a thing or two about Tokais :lol: I doubt if you or I could teach him much about the value of rare Springys! :lol:

That guitar on Yahoo JP is not the same! Also no original case included and even if it were I doubt very much that it is any where near the condition mine is. Condition is at least half of any guitar's value!

I've never said I'm an expert or pertain to have more knowledge than anyone else.

Actually that Tokai listed on Yahoo JP is actually a VS60 NOT a VS80 so be careful guys. JP listings are far from always accurate.
The VS60 had 1 Dual Hum. The VS80 had 2 sets. FYI

It is sad to see a man get ripped apart as soon as he offers a guitar for sale.

Strange mentality here!

Hey thanks for that Ducati. That's all I'm doing is listing a guitar for sale and it's kinda like a lynch mob... LOL
If nobody is interested than so be it...I will hold on to it till a time comes when somebody will say "sold" and continue to relish that I own a rare Tokai guitar, but the price won't drop. I will probably raise it LOL

http://pictures.aol.com/ap/myAlbums.do?albumId=8369.2150.1187310870179.1

togps said:
But important is not what you ask for - important is what you'll get

Well said ... Gottfried ... and sometimes those things will come together ... or - in other words - the market sometimes will give some people a surprise when offer meets demand just at the same time --- you can make a steal (as a buyer) or a deal (as a seller) ... you can't prophesy the final result at least ... 8) 8)

... no matter what knowledge you have on Tokais ... 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Roger

Risko1 said:
That's all I'm doing is listing a guitar for sale and it's kinda like a lynch mob...

Lynch mob? Rather over-stating your case, don't you think? :eek:

Is this website is populated by guitar dealers and profit seekers?

Someone offers a guitar for sale, and his fellow enthusiasts line up to point out where different guitars can be bought cheaper, how it is ugly, how he used to want less money.

I don't suppose any of you with the harsh comments have any plans to buy it? Not unless you can flip it for a few dollars/pounds/euros? If it was on your own "stocklist" I bet your words would be quite a bit different!!!

Back