Strane background noise on variations of G note (not chords)

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mooner

Reaction score
Hi folks

Bizare one really. I have just bought an epiphone Junior Valve amp to go with my Korean Love Rock. Sounds awesome but tonight I heard a strange background sound to when I was playing the note G. On any string as well. Has anyone heard of anything similar - is it something to do with the reonance of the note and the valve?

Sorry but I am a complete amature when it come to the guitar - even bigger when it comes to Amps but thought this was strange enough to share.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

:eek:

sounds to me like something is loose and rattling. in my experiece these rattles sometimes become more obvious at certain frequencies. Can't really offer any advice as to what it may be other than don't count out the guitar as the offending article, does it happen using different guitars?

Just remembered an old 50w park bass amp that buzzed horribly at a certain frequency (was G I think!). This was down to crap speaker.
________
Toyota FXV-II history

can you describe the noise, also does the volume of the amp make any difference. could be anything from a corner not glued down tight enough or loose screw or valve mounting. try putting amp on kitchen table and sit right up close you might find offending part that way.

Back