Can anyone help me identify what my breezy is based on?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michaelp

Reaction score
n731795377_110580_1780.jpg

(and dont say a fender telecaster:))

Thinking with all the binding etc its a 60's one....

Anyone know the model too?

I have really struggled to find any info out about this, it doesnt even appear in any catalogues!

Have a look at the thread "Tokai Tele TE-70" under Vintage, there's a discussion there about a similar guitar. The body is a copy of a Telecaster Custom that Fender introduced in 1959, but they all had rosewood boards, apart from a few special orders. To me the bound body looks wrong with a maple board, but it appears that some people like the look.

That's a recently made TE-55

I have a rosewood necked version - excellent tele for the money

Yours looks great

Chris

Double binding on a TE-55? And it seems to be an export model (ATE) because of the Logo, as far as I can see.
@stratman323 Hey, please be nice to our Breezys with binding and maple neck! :cry:

Are you sure its a 2 piece body and not 3 :eek:

Isnt that the new Variax drum machine i can see :p

Kaze said:
stratman323 Hey, please be nice to our Breezys with binding and maple neck! :cry:

Sorry! Maple with the bound body just looks wrong to me :( I'm sure they're great guitars, but not for me. I'm not a big fan of maple boards at the best of times.

Rossi, you did it again..! 8) ........................... :lol:

@stratman323 You really, really make me sad.... Hey, that's actually good, then you will not bid on any Tokai with maple necks!! :D

Never had one, but now two Breezys and a Diego Strat....... Bet you don't know the last one... :wink:

Kaze said:
stratman323 You really, really make me sad.... Hey, that's actually good, then you will not bid on any Tokai with maple necks!! :D

It's unlikely that I would. I did buy a Goldie with a maple neck, but I'd much rather have a rosewood one. The only maple board Strat I've ever been comfortable playing is my ESP Series 400, they have a much thinner satin finish lacquer, the thick high gloss finish on the Tokais (and most Fenders) isn't really to my taste.

It's a good job we're all different Kaze! Enjoy your Breezy, it doesn't matter in the slightest what I think. :lol:

Kaze said:
Double binding on a TE-55? And it seems to be an export model (ATE) because of the Logo, as far as I can see.
@stratman323 Hey, please be nice to our Breezys with binding and maple neck! :cry:

I reckon its got to be an ATE-70

although its still a mystery!

I've really warmed to the binding, to be honest I've wanted to tokai tele for ages and this one just came up at a local shop, and I had to have it.

Back