Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Silver Star 82 vs Fender 96 MIJ 57 RI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hawkeye2u
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:03 am    Post subject: Silver Star 82 vs Fender 96 MIJ 57 RI Reply with quote

New to Tokai Strats so I have a few queries

I HAVE done a search on the forum but can't find all the answers I need!

I currently own a Fender MIJ 96 Strat 57Ri but thinking of this Silver Star 82 that I have spotted Ser No:202xxxx
I Love the big headstock, rosewood fretboard, dark 3 tone sunburst.

Here are the questions

3 screws holding the neck v 4 on the Fender

What radius has the Silver Star fretboard?
Neckshape

Has the Silver Star a one piece or two piece body, the photos I've seen it looks like a one piece, anyone?????
NIPPON SEN ASH BODY?

Craftsmanship? Fender vs Tokai

Finally soundwise, I love the vintage sound of my Fender but pup output is low, I have compared it with a Fender Big headstock, can't remember the year and mine sounded so thin against it

Thanks guys and Tokai gurus that tune in
All your help & info is greatly appreciated
Hawk
luis
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can talk about my own experience and I?m going to be objective: I prerfer '82 and '79 ss-36 Silver Stars over a '84-87 E series ST-55 Fender Japan CBS style either in sound and in fit and finish and Tokais were cheaper to me than Fender Japan. Maybe an individual guitar but that?s what I felt.Silver Stars sound is more live and necks different size and more easier to play to me.....Silver Star necks are more thin an the nut...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: