New Breezysound arrival from Japan

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisheyes

Reaction score
I've just taken delivery of an 82/83 Breezysound from Japan.

Looks like a TE-80 ??

Centre joined 2 piece Ash body with nitro paint

Body.jpg

3 Barrel Final Pro Spec Bridge ( Missing grub screw has been replaced now)

Bridge.jpg

The Truss Rod routing is square, not seen this before but it appears original as there is paint on the side

Markings on the end of the neck, control and neck pickup cavity all correlate 1=7 - 64' style Veneer Rosewood fretboard

EndofNeck.jpg

ControlCavity.jpg

The Rosewood is very dark and figured. This shows up on a comparison shot with a Fender Japan SRV ST62-86TX and an '83 JV Fender ST62-115.

NeckColour.jpg

Pickups are Stamped TE - A

BridgePickup.jpg

NeckPickup.jpg

The routing from the neck pickup cavity to the truss rod end is square. This looks original as all of the flat faces have the original Butterscotch paint on them

Trussrodrout.jpg

The neck has a pronounced V shape to it

VNeck.jpg

You can see on the headstock where the original 7okai Breezysound decal was

FaintDecal.jpg

All put together and set up now .It's a very good Tele.

IMG_6087.jpg

I just need a well worn flat headed Tone knob to finish it off. Has anyone got one I can buy from ?

that is one sweeeeeeeeeet Tele..............

that's the one that Ikuo recently sold; went for a song to a buyer in the UK

Ikuo has some good stuff, from time to time

bought my L115** Goldstar Sound (2 pc. center seam body) from him about a year & a half ago; one of the best Strats I've ever had my hands on

Thanks guys, I took a punt on this guitar and it's paid off.

I've made my own grub screw for the bridge by cutting the top off a flat headed screw and cutting a slot in the top with a dremel.

The paper wedge is still there MIJvintage !!

Yup, Ikuo has some great guitars from time to time. I got a Sen Ash ST-80 from him last year which Cybercat now has that and he's made some great improvements to it.

He seems to be able to find really good quality guitars. I was very surprised that nobody else bid against me for the guitar.

Thanks for looking in the old spares drawer Mark for a Tone Knob, I'll have to pick one up from a guitar show. Something new would look well out of place.

This Breezy is one hell of a player. The Bridge Pickup didn't work so I replaced it with a Handwound Mudcat I had going spare from Leosounds. The Mudcat is so clear and organic in tone it showed up the Neck pickup. It was like putting a cover over the speaker when changing pickups. Luckily I had a matching Mudcat Neck Pickup spare too. The upshot is this beaten up Breezy has fantastic tone and sustain.

I'm not much for Teles (I have one) but if I was looking for another one, I surely would have bid on that one; it has that old, vintage look that only comes with age, and I'm sure it's a great player, with the ash body & round lam' neck :)

Here's a link to my Goldstar (top of page) that I purchased from Ikuo; one of the best Strats I've ever played.
http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=46229&highlight=#46229
I think it's circa '83.
I would seriously put it up against anything coming out of the Fender Custom Shop

Back