Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello from sunny Edinburgh! 1985 Tokai Strat.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanzep
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Hello from sunny Edinburgh! 1985 Tokai Strat. Reply with quote

Believe it or not the sun is shinning and I have dusted down the old guitar. I was considering taking up playing the guitar again after a period of abstinance..as I mentioned the sun is shinning which does not happen too often in Edinburgh so maybe I have heat stroke..lol
I bought my Tokai in 1985 for my 18th birthday and it was played until I got offered a Kramer Striker 300ST 5 years later. I pretty much stuck with the Kramer as I was going for heavy sound and the pickups and floyd rose were pretty good. When i got the old Tokai back out last week i was blown away by how good it sounded and how easy it was to play.
Im not too sure what model the Tokai is except it is a Strat copy in Metalic Red with a Rosewood neck and Final prospec bridge. The only thing i have changed is the tuning heads which i swapped for Schaler locking ones which were a direct fit..I will have to look out the old deluxe ones if i can find them - I know I kept them - I guess it was vandalism but when your 18....need i say more!
I have some pics if anyone wants to see how bad the vandalism was or can help identify the model.
Cheers
Nick
vanzep
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Ignore last post by vanzep Reply with quote

sorry about that i should have out the last post into the older than 1985 section. needless to say Im new to this site so pls acccept my apologies.
Cheers
Nick
stratman323

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nick.

Welcome to the group. You'll find lots of knowledgable and helpful people on here. If I was you I'd start a new post under the Vintage heading and post some pics. Sounds like a nice guitar, you're lucky you kept it, I wish I never sold my 1st Strat, a Tokai from 84.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: