Behringer Guitar Link

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozeshin

Reaction score
I just bought one of these Guitar links from Behringer.
It's essentially a guitar/usb interface so that you can get your guitar signal onto the PC for recording.
It came with Native instruments Guitar combos as a demo and there was a serial key in the package to allow you to register one combo of your choice to the full version.
Combo 1 is mostly chorus effected clean tones..
Combo II is your hot fender tones and clean tones...
Combo III is your plexi tones....
Yep...I went with Combo III 8)
However...the web being the wonder that it is...I went to Behringer and downloaded a trial version of their flagship guitarmodeller "Guitar Rig" with Pro tools support.
In a few moments it will be the full version(not saying how :p ) and we'll see how that goes.
Kinda pissed that because the Guitar link acts as an audio device you pretty much have to use it with headphones or a speaker system separate to your pc...to me...things allways sound drier through headphones.
Anyways...the models are okish so far...I'll wind up using my ZOOM though.

USB makes recording easier.
I've got a Line 6 Toneport with Line 6 XT models and direct USB recording with zero latency (delay) monitoring but I havn't used it yet so I can't say much about it at the moment.

Just an update to my Behringer post:
I'm using Guitar Rig 2 in conjunction with my Zoom G.2 and combining the effects for some truley cool ****..!!!
Having an absolute blast playing with it all and the best part is that all the riffs that i come up with I can save at long last.
The ammount of potential number 1 hits that i have forgotten is mindblowing :p

I can agree with what your both saying. USB devices are great for home use. I use Guitar Port with Gear Box and Riffworks for recording. Riffworks has Amplitube as well so I've got a choice of Gear Box or that for tones.

Like japanstrat says zero latency and you can get pretty good tones at low volume. I almost never use my amp for home use.

Dave

I got Amplitube....not as immediate as Guitar Rig 2.
I had to work pretty hard to try to get a halfway decent sound from Amplitube.

Here's someone using Amplitube 2

http://www.paulrose.co.uk/audio/Blues%20for%20Stevie%20G.mp3

Back