Tremolo & Reverb

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scunny

Reaction score
I don't know much about amps and was just wondering...
where in the signal path are the tremolo and reverb effects on guitar amps?
Are they between the input signal and the amp or between the amp and the spaeaker?
Curious because I'd like to buy reverb and tremolo pedals for my amp, but wonder how 'authentic' they could sound.
Also any tips on decent (& affordable) pedals would be good!
Cheers.
________
video review

I can't give you the technical answer you want as I'm not clever enough. But I'm pretty sure that you've identified one reason that reverb pedals sound very different to a good old spring reverb, specially Fenders. It's partly to do with where it goes in the signal path. I used to have a Musicman 112RD amp which had quite a weak reverb. I tried using a Vestax digital reverb pedal, & it was quite good, but just not the "authentic" sound I wanted.

So I bought my Fender Blues Deluxe, & the spring reverb on that is great. So the pedal doesn't get used any more. I guess it depends what kind of sound you're going for. Apart from the position in the signal path, anything digital is likely to have a colder, more clinical sound than anything analogue, especially analogue with valves.

scunny said:
Cheers for tip. Had fun playing around with the site :)

Yeah that's fun. This place usually has some clips too.

http://www.musictoyz.com/blog/index.php

I have a Dunlop Univibe that does a good Hendrix Vibrato. it's quite a fat sound. Luckily I have the expression pedal and that enables me to control the speed so it can be quite fun especially with a wha wha going at the same time. Assuming you can fit it all on a pedal board.

Ozeshin said:
The new Fender pedals are supposed to be very authentic.

I've heard different opinions ... even the reverbs on my BluesDeVille and my Deluxe Reverb are sounding totally different ... I like my DR most !!!

Had some experiences with a GT Soul-O-30 Reverb head ... the reverb was ridiculous - sounded like playing in a garage or a stairway ... nothing for me at least !!!

Roger

Back