Bacchus SRV Strat

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisheyes

Reaction score
Just arrived from the land of the rising sun

IMG_0126.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

IMG_0128.jpg

Certainly well made

Chris,

WoW ... this is a beauty ... well made - one of the best relics I've seen ... not so constrained artificially aged ... Congrats !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

How does she play ??? What p/ups are in ???

Enjoy !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Roger

steel block...if original it`s from the later series...first limited run of 12 or 20...I know the Muddy was one and the SRV was the other... had the brass block, like mine. The pups are YUTAs made by the company, first series was listed as alnico magnets...don`t know about the later ones. 1998 was the same year they made limited runs of the Clapton, the Jeff Beck Esquire, the SRV...Marcus Miller and Jaco basses. Prices are going up on used Bacchus these days in Japan and can still be found, seems the natives have finally caught on to just how great these guitars are. I don`t know for sure if the company is making the SRV anymore but the parent company Deviser does make that vintage type series for at least two shops over here...Music Inn Tom and Sonix but they don`t have Bacchus on the headstock... both shops carried the Bacchus line for years and perhaps are able to place orders through the company. Kinda like the way Edwards doesn`t use their logo on certain models over here, just a blank headstock.

marcusnieman said:
Cool......how much did that one set you back in the wallet?

$750 :-?

It came with a very nice brand new Tokai Padded Gig Bag and Bacchus Case Candy.

It's a steel block Tremolo, just did a quick check with a magnet

Not had much chance to play it, pickups seem to be pretty high powered. I'll take a look under the hood at the weekend when I set it up to my liking.

I litereally picked it up from the post depot, photo'd it and then went away on business.

I have a Fender Japan SRV Strat ST62-85TX already which is good clean, sparkling guitar, nice flame maple neck and poa faro fret baord. Very pretty.The Bacchus just looks mean next to it though :evil:

I've had a close look at the Fender USA SRV Signature Strat and the relic work isn't convincing at all - looks like transfers slapped onto the body.

Sounds like sneakyjapan is the expert on Baccus - Cool :D

Have you got the brochure on the SRV you could forward to me ?
Do you know how to date the Bacchus Strat from the serial number ?

The seller I got it from has order 6 more relic strat incl the Eric Clapton and he did mention a Rory Gallagher version too- very interesting.

Is this the one?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=011&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=320109254358&rd=1&rd=1

$750 was the winning bid but shipping, duties, and VAT also add to the cost.

It probably ended up costing around $1000, ballpark total

btmish said:
What is VAT?

Value Added Tax (VAT) is tax on exchanges. It is levied on the value added that results from each exchange. It differs from a sales tax because a sales tax is levied on the total value of the exchange. For this reason, a VAT is neutral with respect to the number of passages that there are between the producer and the final consumer.
From Saint Google..... :D

sorry...I`m keeping my Bacchus catalogs because they are no longer available. The way I date mine is from the warranty card that came with the guitars, they were dated using the old Japanese calendar, this is the 19th year of the current emperor`s reign for example. Haven`t seen any new guitars by the company recently...no shops carry them here `cause they don`t sell, only to me it seems...but some of mine have 4 digit serials while others have 6 digits, but the flyer with the SRV original series has `98 on the back. Never saw a Rory Bacchus but that happens a lot over here...I constantly run into unknown guitars by lots of makers so...
...I`m no expert and don`t pretend to know everything...plenty of that around but one problem with those who do think they are experts is, many have conflicting info. I think exchanging opinions and info based on experience is great and read as much as I can but broad sweeping generalizations carry little weight considering the number of shop orders and one offs made here that are never seen abroad. It`s great fun finding and buying older MIJs as most here know but I never lose sight of the fact that theres still a lot to learn.

MIJvintage said:
here's a shot of a Music Inn Tom Bacchus BST-62 in Order Finish 'relic' & a VERY early Bacchus BST-SRV, serial # 001472, with the brass trem block

I sold both to a Tokai Forum member in the Midwest U.S.

Great slab board Strats 8)

BST-SRVBST-62RE.jpg

Those are nice!

hehe

sneakyjapan said:
sorry...I`m keeping my Bacchus catalogs because they are no longer available. The way I date mine is from the warranty card that came with the guitars.

It`s great fun finding and buying older MIJs as most here know but I never lose sight of the fact that theres still a lot to learn.

My apologies Sneaky - I didn't mean to give you the impression that I wanted your exact copy !

I do have the warranty card for the Bacchus SRV Strat. I'll scan/photo it and post it and would really appreciate if you would cast your eye over it and explain what details are held on it.

As you said - I, indeed have a lot to learn

HI NO1 replica of SRV MIJ is KID'S!!!!!!.
craftman Mr KIDO made .
Now you have discontinued .
Dimension is different from any other things
more better Fender custome shop.
In regrettable thing, almost it is impossible to procure,

moonstrat said:
HI NO1 replica of SRV MIJ is KID'S!!!!!!.
craftman Mr KIDO made .
Now you have discontinued .
Dimension is different from any other things
more better Fender custome shop.
In regrettable thing, almost it is impossible to procure,

Thanks for that info Moonstrat :D

I've finally changed the strings and taken a look under the scratchplate.

Boy is this guitar well made

Soldering and wiring layout is perfect with cloth covered vintage wires

Scratchplate has silver screening attached to it. This has affected the photo's as the flash bounces straight back off it

IMG_0758.jpg

IMG_0754.jpg

IMG_0757.jpg

chrisheyes said:
marcusnieman said:
It came with a very nice brand new Tokai Padded Gig Bag and Bacchus Case Candy.

pickups seem to be pretty high powered.

Tokai gig bag...that's interesting? :)

The pickups are set very high, especially the neck and middle, perhaps they sound "hot" because of the height, if you drop them down they'll mellow out a lot.

Hi chris..a very old post ,i know ?
What do the pickups measure ,wonder if they are that hot...just wondering because there is a Bacchus SRV like yours on YAHOO.JP at the moment opening bid 90,000 yen..

Heres the link if anyone is interested...

http://www.rinkya.com/twview.pl?URL=http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n81864861

MOJO HOBO

Back