Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tokai goldstar sound

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goose
Plucker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Tokai goldstar sound Reply with quote

Hi I just purchase Tokai Goldstar Sound I was told it's was made in 1984, it has EMG pickups, does anyone know what type of pickup should it have, and the numbers on the (Neck Plate L11674) is this the serial number. I am very please with guitar it plays and sounds awesome, well worth the money, I have just purchased another Tokai guitar a 335 Gibson Copy and I hopes this one is as good as the Goldstar, the workmanship in these guitars is outstanding A1 right up with the big two Fender and Gibson. Can anyone help me with information regarding these to guitars.

Thank You Goose.

Last edited by goose on Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
zakkrichie
Plucker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original pickups are VII (Vintage II), they sound fantastic!!
Strat tone and Stevie Ray galore! I think their better than the one's in the Silver Stars market U or H. Those sound good on low volumes, but they can't handle lots of overdrive. So if you're not afraid of the hum from single coils try to get them!
javelin70
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zakkrichie wrote:
Strat tone and Stevie Ray galore! I think their better than the one's in the Silver Stars market U or H. Those sound good on low volumes, but they can't handle lots of overdrive. So if you're not afraid of the hum from single coils try to get them!

Some of the early Goldstars also came with the U stamped pickups (used for the Springy's). They have slightly higher DC resistance and also sound very good. My 1984 Goldstar has U pickups and I really like them.

Mike
XLarge
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

javelin70 wrote:
zakkrichie wrote:

Some of the early Goldstars also came with the U stamped pickups (used for the Springy's). They have slightly higher DC resistance and also sound very good. My 1984 Goldstar has U pickups and I really like them.

Mike

My Goldstar have U stamped pups too, and they are really good.
I would like to compare with E stamped pups. Some people say they are better, other say that U stamped are better.
I can say that U pups are very very good !
MIJvintage
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Tokai goldstar sound Reply with quote

goose wrote:
Hi I just purchase Tokai Goldstar Sound I was told it's was made in 1984, it has EMG pickups, does anyone know what type of pickup should it have, and the numbers on the (Neck Plate L11674) is this the serial number. I am very please with guitar it plays and sounds awesome, well worth the money, I have just purchased another Tokai guitar a 335 Gibson Copy and I hopes this one is as good as the Goldstar, the workmanship in these guitars is outstanding A1 right up with the big two Fender and Gibson. Can anyone help me with information regarding these to guitars.

Thank You Goose.

I have # L11578 (less than 100 serial digit numbers from yours) with gray bottom U stamped, and they kick some major butt

"Yeah, yeah. We're in the bureau of beer and fire and cigarettes. And maybe some chicks, too." - Beavis
villager
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the U stamped in my personal strat, I think they are superb, I have a spare set too for my next strat project..!!
Chum
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there Goose!!!

I also have the U stamped pickups in my Springy Sound...... They sound so good, I hardly play my Fender American Standard Strat anymore these days, and that one also sounds quite nice, just not as nice as the Tokai........ So much so that i am already considering changing the pickups on my Fender, say for a set of lipstick tubes, just to be different...... my Tokai is a keeper...... I hope you can get the same pickups for your guitar!!!!

Chum
Rossi
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Springy ST-80 has E stamped pups they are also on the ST-100 they are/were made by Dimarzio and they produce the very classic tones of the early strat SRV all the way Plugged straight into a Mashall Valve NO effects Man im floating on the clouds
Ive had a Goldstar/SilverStar and the E-pups are in a league of there own.
Dont get me wrong the V U pups are very good but the E pups just have that Edge
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: