Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

is this a tokai or a mongrel???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keving
Plucker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: is this a tokai or a mongrel??? Reply with quote

finally got some more pics of what was sold as a '84 goldstar but i'm not so sure. after checking out forum for some months now there appears to be enough evidence to suggest that this is not as it should be. i'm reluctant to do anything about it as it plays and feels great but dont like being ripped off. any help would be appreciated.[/img]http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o92/keving76/CIMG0902.jpg[/IMG][/img][/img]http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o92/keving76/CIMG0897.jpg[/IMG][img][/img]http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o92/keving76/pics180.jpg[/IMG][/img]
mike martin
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its a tok body and neck i dont think from the same axe though. also the body has been stripped as the code in the cavity is for olympic white
what do the saddles say on them, it should iether be tokai or final prospect. tuners should have tokai or delux on the back
i cant see all the pickups but they look to have been replaced as do the pots, try and get some pics of front of headstock also the full reverse of pickguard. hopes thats some help to you
mike
adrianclark
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: is this a tokai or a mongrel??? Reply with quote

keving wrote:
i'm reluctant to do anything about it as it plays and feels great but dont like being ripped off.

Ultimately, I guess that has to be the main consideration... do you like playing the guitar? I can appreciate that you don't want to feel like you've been ripped off, though.

I've never been entirely sure about the pedigree of my Goldstar... it has all the markings of a 1984/85 ST55, but there's no serial number. That may be because someone changed the original neckplate, or something more suspicious, but I'm not too bothered... it's comfortably the best Strat I've ever heard.

Adrian
keving
Plucker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks you guys!! the pups are seymour duncan SSL-1s but i have originals??? also bridge saddles are marked fender as is headstock and my gut feeling is because i'm more than happy with its sound and feel since i restrung it with 11's i'll gig it till it breaks. Have a 1980 Ibanez Artist Tiger which i bought as a teenager(not a bad purchase for a kid) and have become so protective of it that i wanted a workhorse which had a more flexible sound and not have to worry bout banging it about. this fits the bill exactly and after 2-3 weeks i'm coming to terms with a different style of playing which its requires and thats kinda nice. thanks again
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: