Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need your advice for safe overseas packaging

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tudor
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:55 am    Post subject: Need your advice for safe overseas packaging Reply with quote

Hi guys,

need your advice for a safe packaging for overseas shipping ...
... it concerns an LP with set neck, must be shipped to lower US ...

What kind of experience have you made already ??? What should I consider well ?? How to fix the guitar in HSC in the box to avoid damages or even neck- / headstock - breakage ????

Thanks for your help in advance ...

Roger
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: packing Reply with quote

Found a light covering of bubble wrap on the guitar before putting it into the case (not too much as that can put excess strain on the neck) then corrigated cardboard , finaly a large cardboard box.Ask at your local guitar store ,they normaly dont use them again. But all your efforts come to nothing when the HERBERT at the mail office hurls your efforts to the back of his van , before loading the 3599.9kg on top. One final tip if you have anything to go into the pocket in the case wrap it in an evelope.
As springs & trem arms don't stay there as my roadhouse strat can testify
tudor
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:13 am    Post subject: Re: packing Reply with quote

japaxes wrote:
But all your efforts come to nothing when the HERBERT at the mail office hurls your efforts to the back of his van , before loading the 3599.9kg on top

Thanks alot for your help ... appreciate it very much !!!

That HERBERT is the case I am worrying about mostly ... saw a damaged Edwards recently despite of excellent packaging - the guitar has had no chance!!

... there seem to be many of those Herberts around the world, I'm afraid ...

Roger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: