Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Valuation please :)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Classifieds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Col_M
Plucker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Valuation please :) Reply with quote

Hi, i feel guilty registering only to ask for a valuation but i can't find information anywhere else where i can find a good answer to my question (tried google and ebay).

I have a Tokai Jazz Sound bass thati've owned for at least 10 years since i was in a band at school. It's black with a white front part (that the pickup and wires sit behind), the chrome plate that holds the neck on has L16060 on it. Contition wise it's in pretty good shape, no major scratches or dents. A friend wants to buy it and i have no idea what to ask him for, i want to sell it for a price that will leave us both happy.

Any ideas how much it is worth? UK? would be best for estimates but US$ will at least give me a ball park figure

I'd be very thankful to anyone who can help me

Warm regards and a Merry Xmas and new year to everyone
Colin

Edit: Photos below

Neil-London
Plucker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One similar to yours recently sold on eBay UK for ?410. It was an early/mid 80's model, and judging by the photo's, it wasn't in anything like as nice condition as yours
Col_M
Plucker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Neil

do you have any idea how much the condition of mine would put on top of the ?410 for that scruffy one on ebay?
Neil-London
Plucker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is that you'd be lucky to match that price - it was a very well worded ad which wasn't necessarily 100% accurate - I think the seller may have just got lucky They usually seem to go for around ?300ish although that fluctuates wildly and I haven't noticed as many cropping up as there used to be.

Why not keep it? It's a lovely bass. Or failing that - why don't you send it on over to me to look after for you

Neil
Col_M
Plucker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i'm planning on moving abroad early next year so i'm trying to clear out my possesions, that and i haven't played it in about 7 years, it's just taking up space and would be better off going to a good home with someone who would use it
I'm not sure if my friend could afford it so i may offer it up for sale here or ebay in the future.
Thanks for your help Neil, i really appreciate it

Colin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: