Rivera Amps

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey old flame ,the knucklehead or knucklehead tre were the ones i am interested in but general reviews will do also.
Build quality
valve types
any problems?

Problems. Not that i've heard of. The Bonehead was designed with the 'assistance' of Toto's Steve Lukather so it's gonna sound good right?
The Rake was built for ace LA session guitarist Jay Graydon. There are plenty of reviews of the knucklehead on Harmony Central. I like Rivera amps but they are a step down in the 'fiddley' stakes to a Boogie. Whenever I see someone using a Boogie or a Rivera, they appear to spend half the night twiddleing the knobs, switching the switches and pushing and pulling the boosts.

As usual, a lot of care and maintenance is required by someone who knows what they are looking at.

Sorry...

Build - Generally, Rivera amps are well built but they are only as good as their last owner right.

Tubes - It's a bit hit and miss these days. I was quite surprised recently having had a set of Electro Harmonix 6L6's put into my 65 Twin. They sound really nice.

Latest posts

Back