what do you guys think is happening?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbrambley

Reaction score
Gentlemen,

Over the last 2 months i have sold a lot on ebay as i am moving to the caribbean.
all my tokais were for sale and all went apart from my lake placid metallic blue springy.

its a lovely guitar even if it has the lettraset decal on it. Pics here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/mbrambley/Guitars

i have listed it twice and both times it gets bought by a dealer in the states who then goes quiet and doesnt ever mail let alone pay (different dealers each time tho or id's). But compared to my other tokais it doesn't get much interest.

why you think the lack or interest in this model?

also why you think people are winning then disappearing? i am going to have to list it a third time i think

please reply,
Martin

I really like it and looked for a while at it. If I had the funds I'd go for it as I'd love one of these to go with my fiesta red goldstar.

I wish I could tell you why Martin but it's got me stumped. The logo possibly? :-?

It might be a case of supply and demand....

Over the last two or three years, the number of Tokai's (and Burnys, Grecos, Orvilles and Edwards for that matter) available on the eBay market have tripled - as have the prices. The mystery of Tokai has been diminished and people have become educated about the brand.

Thus, the educated buyers are holding out for the cream of the crop Springy's, old ES100's, and Love Rocks but they won't pay the prices the uneducated are willing to.

Put it aside for awhile, shoot it differently next time and change up your description in the listing - see what happens. I usually list mine without a reserve and let the bidding start......

A lot of the Americans are not as stupid as they used to be about MIJ guitars. Most of them know how to get on Yahoo Japan and check prices. Also the big MIJ ebay sellers have put 1000's of MIJ guitars into the USA over the years so the idea of many of them being rare is pretty funny. On any given day there are 50-100 MIJ LP's on ebay and twice that many on Yahoo. As to the auctions, I make all my auctions Paypal Only. I find that cuts down on a lot of the non payers.

Back