Godlyke bringing new Tokai's to North America

Site announcements and information<br>

Moderators: ian, ned

Godlyke
Plucker

Godlyke bringing new Tokai's to North America

Post by Godlyke » Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:41 pm

Greetings from Godlyke Distributing. We have recently been appointed as the official North American distributor for Tokai Guitars.

Many of you may be familiar with Godlyke, but for those of you who aren?t allow us to introduce ourselves: Since 1998 we have been the North American distributor for Maxon and Guyatone effects, the Bixonic Expandora, the Godlyke Power-All and other high quality products.

We are currently putting the final touches on five official new Tokai models that will debut at the Winter NAMM show in January, 2007. All of these guitars will be high quality instruments manufactured in the original Tokai factory in Hamamatsu, Japan. These new models will be added to our website (godlyke.com) in the near future, and we?ll post an announcement on this forum when this event takes place.

In the meantime, we?d like to clarify some of the issues regarding Tokai?s Canadian distribution for the last couple of years:

Godlyke has been the exclusive distributor of Tokai in the U.S.A. since January, 2004 and Canada since January, 2006. There has been no active or appointed Canadian distributor since 2004. No authentic Tokai?s have been imported into Canada since 2004. There have been counterfeit Tokai?s shipped into Canada from Korea and China before and after 2004. Unfortunately, there is no simple way to determine whether a Tokai is real or counterfeit.

We are excited to be bringing the excellence and quality of Tokai to North America and look forward getting these guitars to the players who have always loved Tokai.

hans-j?rgen
Guitar God

Post by hans-j?rgen » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:08 pm

Great to hear! Will you also import MIJ Love Rocks that look like the Japanese models, i.e. like not the ones in the past with rounded cutaway, reversed control knobs and changed headstock?
ZZee ya, Hans-Jürgen
BLUEZZ BASTARDZZ "That lil' ol' ZZ Top cover band from Hamburg"
INDIGO ROCKS "Down home rockin' blues. Tasty as strudel"

Godlyke
Plucker

Post by Godlyke » Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:07 pm

Due to United States trademark law, importing the Japanese versions of the Tokai Love Rock or other instruments that pay homage to classic American guitar styles would be impossible.

Fortunately, Tokai is now making gorgeous original models that are superior in construction, playability, and tone to American-made instruments costing hundreds - if not thousands - of dollars more. These instruments will set a new standard for guitars in the American market.

Stay tuned!

msvbvm61
I only know 3 chords

Post by msvbvm61 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:14 pm

I wish them well. The images that ned posted sometime back looked great but aesthetically didn't impress me. I wish I could have seen the entire guitar - the body, neck and headstock. Oh well, personally it looks like I will be purchasing my new Tokai's from overseas or ebay.

ned
Guitar God

Post by ned » Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:46 am

I've already got an order in for the SC-2C (tele shaped). The necks play like butter and the weight and balance are just about perfect. I'll check my camera for headstock pics but they are similar to the Canadian Love Rocks with a little twist - looks much better than just the middle hump.

The bodies were so stunning that I may have forgotten to get headstock pics but I'll double check the camera.

msvbvm61
I only know 3 chords

Post by msvbvm61 » Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:41 am

Thanks ned, it is appreciated.

whitehall
Guitar God

Post by whitehall » Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:54 am

I'll be happy just to see that stupid Godlyke webpage change after 3 years of it saying coming soon. So Tokai is finally stepping up to the plate and making something other than copy guitars, this should be interesting.

ned
Guitar God

Post by ned » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:32 am

Finally got the camera away from the wife and unfortunately no headstock shots. I can tell you they are much better than the NLS "hump" headstock though.

ned
Guitar God

Post by ned » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:37 am

Here is a pic of the new head stock.

msvbvm61
I only know 3 chords

Post by msvbvm61 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:52 am

ned wrote:Here is a pic of the new head stock.

Thanks ned. The headstock has simplistic elegance. I like it.

hank
I only know 3 chords

Post by hank » Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:21 pm

Godlyke replied to me that there will be no USA distribution. :o

hank
I only know 3 chords

Post by hank » Sun May 13, 2007 9:21 am

I'm really happy that these WILL be distributed here in the US. I fine the SC-2C irrisistible. Naturally, I've got to play and feel it first.

Now, how to find a dealer? :D

togps
Guitar God

Post by togps » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:38 pm

Finito ... with Tokai USA?
Basta cosi??
How is the status??

ned
Guitar God

Post by ned » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:15 pm

I think Musictoyz.com has some.

There are no "replica" guitars being brought into the US only the original models that are included in this thread.