UK TOKAI ALS48 LOVE ROCK WITH NO SERIAL #'S

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duba56

Reaction score
Does anyone know why the UK Love Rock ALS 48's don' have a serial engraved or marked on the back of the headstock ?

Why should they have serial numbers?

Very few Korean made Tokais have serial numbers.
They are not actually very collectable in my opinion.

No reason to act in that harsh way ... :(

duba56,

the serials are important to ID an old guitar ... if you compare the 'high end Oldies' to the 'normal' newer ones you know what I mean ... :wink:

As they displaced the production of the mostly 'low budget' guitars to Korea, it wasn't so important to know what year they were produced - they are new and worth what you've paid - normally.
I don't want to say that's mass production now but there are more differences in wood, electrics, finish and so on - what you and I don't know right now ... 8)

OK for you ??

Roger

Tudor

Thanks Roger. All my Canadian models do have serial #'s,I own 4 of them. I just found it odd the UK one did not, I am selling one of my Tokai's and just wanted to be covered in the event of that question being asked.
In response to Joukov regards to them not being very collectable I do beg to differ I had 2 guitar techs for a major music store in the US vollying back on forth on who would buy it after I sold it to them.
I am seeing more of an interest here in the US among my musician friends in Tokais due to my introduction to them,since the Canadian Tokai's are going out of production who know's if they will be a hot item down the road or not : ) :D
duba56

You have read it perhaps ...

The North American Tokai Market will be covered by Godlyke now, what ever that means ...

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=6551

The most "orginal" - shape models will be sought after, I'm sure! :wink:

Roger

Maybe that did sound a bit harsh but there was no intention of it, sorry.

What I have understood that the models made in Korea for Canada have been higher quality instruments than the models for European market and so it would make some sense that the "Canadian" models have serial numbers.

Korean models here in Finland are usually played only by beginners and anyone who has an idea of a good guitar buys Japanese models. The quality has varied a lot in mik models. We have a good supply of Japanese Tokais here, thank the gods or higher powers. 8)

The early MIK models did not have serial numbers. I believe it was after 2001 or 2002 before they actual got serial numbers.

joukov said:
What I have understood that the models made in Korea for Canada have been higher quality instruments than the models for European market and so it would make some sense that the "Canadian" models have serial numbers.

Yes that?s right.

Anders
Sweden

Thank you all for your responses !!! Fortunatly I had no problem selling the UK Tokai. The buyer/dealer knew the history of Tokai and had no problem purchasing the guitar. But here's the funny part I sold a Fender and an EPI and he paid me more for the Tokai !!!!
I ordered a Love Rock Custom from JSD'S Guitarshack and they only have 2 left. I will let you all know what I think of the guitar when I get in in a week or so.

duba56 8)

Tudor

Godlyke distributing only sells the Talbo's. I e mailed them ,they will not respond to questions on Love Rocks,you just get a canned response from them,they are probably covering their asses so Gibson doesn't send it the SWAT team on them.
8)
duba 56

Tokai no longer manufactures the Talbo shape under its own brand name, so we at Godlyke do not offer this model for sale. As we mentioned in our previous posts, we will premier several new Tokai models this fall and we will make everyone aware of it through this forum and other press outlets.

The only official, non-counterfeit, new Tokai guitars to be distributed in the USA and Canada will be through Godlyke via officially appointed retail outlets.

Lastly, Ned Cullen is not employed by Godlyke in any manner, although we did enjoy some amazing BBQ together in Austin, TX at this year?s summer NAMM show. He paid, by the way?

Back