New Grecos

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schocker

Reaction score
What's the consenus regarding the Grecos currently being produced? I appreciate that they won't have the vintage appeal but how do they rank compared with other contemporary ranges, such as Tokai and Edwards?

I was browsing some of the models on various websites and was intrigued by the GAS-130:

http://translate.google.com/transla...=4&ct=result&prev=/search?q=GAS-130&hl=en&lr=

The 'S.H.R.' (Secret Hollow Room!) design seems interesting, although some of my curiosity may be derived from the dubious translation courtesy of Google!

Has anyone encountered or have knowledge of modern Grecos? Any ideas what the neck profile would be on a semi like the GAS-130?

Thanks.

I have to bump this to celebrate 100 views without any replies. So, do these new Grecos actually exist..? :(

Unfortunately ... I'm no "expert" on Grecos and there is nothing to say for me... :(

Please take my sympathy for getting no exhaustive answers ... :-? :-?

Be sure, I don't make fun of you !! :cry:

Roger

Schocker said:
I was browsing some of the models on various websites and was intrigued by the GAS-130:

http://translate.google.com/transla...=4&ct=result&prev=/search?q=GAS-130&hl=en&lr=

The 'S.H.R.' (Secret Hollow Room!) design seems interesting, although some of my curiosity may be derived from the dubious translation courtesy of Google!

Has anyone encountered or have knowledge of modern Grecos? Any ideas what the neck profile would be on a semi like the GAS-130?

Thanks.

I played one of those. It sounded really good. I would have bought it, but the neck was just a little wider than I usually like, and a little bit thin. Not dramatically so, but not the chubby '59 profile that I really like. The one I played was about $800. I compared it to a $3000 Crews copy of the Clapton 335, and some real 335's, and I liked the sound of the Greco better than all of them. In fact, I think I'm going to have to get myself one of those!

Bill

hey FFJ...get yourself one of thse if you can... got mine for less than 4 mann...

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i198/shot-glass/reddy004.jpg

Thanks Bill.

I really like my Tokai ES-100 neck and I prefer the chunkier profile. I've just been told by someone else that the GAS-130 neck is not as chunky as a '59 Les Paul but not as shallow as a Gibson 335, by which I assume they mean the current 335 version. Blah...I wonder if it would bother me?! :-?

Schocker said:
Thanks Bill.

I really like my Tokai ES-100 neck and I prefer the chunkier profile. I've just been told by someone else that the GAS-130 neck is not as chunky as a '59 Les Paul but not as shallow as a Gibson 335, by which I assume they mean the current 335 version. Blah...I wonder if it would bother me?! :-?

Yes, I'd say it's better than (not as shallow as) my '95 335, which is pretty thin. I played the Greco in the store for about 30 minutes, and it never really bothered me, but it was noticeably different from my Tokai's. I think I could live with it, especially considering how good it sounded. And it was cheaper than the Tokai's!

Bill

Back