Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Grecos

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schocker
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:55 am    Post subject: New Grecos Reply with quote

What's the consenus regarding the Grecos currently being produced? I appreciate that they won't have the vintage appeal but how do they rank compared with other contemporary ranges, such as Tokai and Edwards?

I was browsing some of the models on various websites and was intrigued by the GAS-130:

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.rakuten.co.jp/sakuragk/615974/609621/609640/&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=4&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3DGAS-130%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D

The 'S.H.R.' (Secret Hollow Room!) design seems interesting, although some of my curiosity may be derived from the dubious translation courtesy of Google!

Has anyone encountered or have knowledge of modern Grecos? Any ideas what the neck profile would be on a semi like the GAS-130?

Thanks.
Schocker
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to bump this to celebrate 100 views without any replies. So, do these new Grecos actually exist..?
tudor
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately ... I'm no "expert" on Grecos and there is nothing to say for me...

Please take my sympathy for getting no exhaustive answers ...

Be sure, I don't make fun of you !!

Roger
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know nowt about new greco's sorry...know lots about old ones tho...
Schocker
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies, anyway.

The mystery is strangely enticing...
FordFanJpn
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:29 am    Post subject: Re: New Grecos Reply with quote

Schocker wrote:
I was browsing some of the models on various websites and was intrigued by the GAS-130:

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.rakuten.co.jp/sakuragk/615974/609621/609640/&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=4&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3DGAS-130%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D

The 'S.H.R.' (Secret Hollow Room!) design seems interesting, although some of my curiosity may be derived from the dubious translation courtesy of Google!

Has anyone encountered or have knowledge of modern Grecos? Any ideas what the neck profile would be on a semi like the GAS-130?

Thanks.

I played one of those. It sounded really good. I would have bought it, but the neck was just a little wider than I usually like, and a little bit thin. Not dramatically so, but not the chubby '59 profile that I really like. The one I played was about $800. I compared it to a $3000 Crews copy of the Clapton 335, and some real 335's, and I liked the sound of the Greco better than all of them. In fact, I think I'm going to have to get myself one of those!

Bill
sneakyjapan
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey FFJ...get yourself one of thse if you can... got mine for less than 4 mann...

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i198/shot-glass/reddy004.jpg
Schocker
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bill.

I really like my Tokai ES-100 neck and I prefer the chunkier profile. I've just been told by someone else that the GAS-130 neck is not as chunky as a '59 Les Paul but not as shallow as a Gibson 335, by which I assume they mean the current 335 version. Blah...I wonder if it would bother me?!
Bill Morgan
Plucker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schocker wrote:
Thanks Bill.

I really like my Tokai ES-100 neck and I prefer the chunkier profile. I've just been told by someone else that the GAS-130 neck is not as chunky as a '59 Les Paul but not as shallow as a Gibson 335, by which I assume they mean the current 335 version. Blah...I wonder if it would bother me?!

Yes, I'd say it's better than (not as shallow as) my '95 335, which is pretty thin. I played the Greco in the store for about 30 minutes, and it never really bothered me, but it was noticeably different from my Tokai's. I think I could live with it, especially considering how good it sounded. And it was cheaper than the Tokai's!

Bill
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Other All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: