guitar cables

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tokaigeezer

Reaction score
Not really an effect, per se, but has anyone else tried the Klotz 10 foot guitar cable, the one that sells for $59.95?

I had a gift cert from my wife (I am not worthy) to a vendor who carries them. Have been using it for two months now with my Silver Stars, Love Rock, Tele and even my fretless P-bass, and I have to admit that it is the best cable I've ever used. Everything they say about it is true: articulate highs, defined lows, purer sound, no noise. It makes your amp sound like a blanket has been taken off it.

You can spend more money on super-high-end cables, but I am really impressed with this and I would pay the price again if I lost it. I guess it 's the German engineering, eh? 8)

Steve

I have two cables that i've been using for 35 years..THE SAME TWO CABLES..!!!
The brand is "Lifelines" and at the time that I bought them the blurb was that they were supposed to last for the lifetime of the OWNER.
Well...unless I get hit by a bus tomorrow I don't foresee the need to buy any other cables in the near future.
One is a 20 metre cable that i use from my guitar to my effects and the other is a 10 metre that goes from the effects send to the amp.
Both have rubber sealed connections that are colour coded and they have been the most loyal cables that i've ever owned...in fact...they're the only cables I've ever owned...lol

I used the same cord for over 1o years, and on the road at that! It never failed me. Still, after a while, I just ended up needing more/other cables.

Those "boutique" cables are COMPLETELY for real! Even the Monster cables make a HUGE DIFFERENCE in sound. Just remember, everytime someone activates another cell phone (multiple times a day!), it throws more and more RFI into the air. All the wireless communications are polluting the world for electric signals. The dielectric, rejecting this interfernce, as well as the quality of the wire WILL impact your sound! It really is simple science, fact.

Not just sales hype.

Ever watch TV with a vacumn cleaner elsewhere in the house? Electronic pollution is very, very real.

Just remember, everytime someone activates another cell phone (multiple times a day!), it throws more and more RFI into the air. All the wireless communications are polluting the world for electric signals.

Yeah I just love it when you're playing a gig, doing a nice slow blues number, when you bring the volume down low for a tasteful guitar lead and some clown standing near the stage with a cell phone clipped to his belt gets a call and the aliens jump out of your amp. Or the wanker decides he's going to stay there and shout over the music with his verbiage picked up by the mic and piped over th PA.

Both of those instances have happened and I'm now at a point that I have no problem asking them none too politely to get the F away from the stage - and go get me a beer while you're at it, junior.

George L's are very good, if a little expensive. The shielding is excellent and they have the solderless plugs too. I use the small 155 cable for the FX board and the larger 225 cable for the other runs. The only drawback is a tendency (as the braid shelding is so heavy) for the cable to not lay flat on a stage or floor and can tangle - if I need a longer cable run, I go back to the Klotz extra flexible.

A lot of good cable info at www.lavacable.com
Mark's build quality is excellent as well. If you are thinking of getting into higher end cables Lava Cable is my first choice.

Back