Tokai Love Rock ID

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madamralli

Reaction score
Hi There, can any of you Tokai experts out there id my love Rock. It's believed to be a custom shop finished in violin burst. Is it anything special or just standard old alder bodied one? It's heavy enough to be mahogany, & looks like mahogany, but i'd like confirmation of its exact spec.
Cheers,
Adam

1ba3.jpg

2sf4.jpg

4hj4.jpg

5fu9.jpg

Custom shop.....no... :-?

Thats one of the Canadian market NALS-48 Korean made standard Love Rocks.

The structure of the wood of the back of the headstock suggest Brown coloured maple, I cannot detect any mahogany grain...
Anyway, it doesn?t say it is a bad guitar, just different...

I got mine from JSD. Same finish, same model. Thanks JSD! I love mine, I've already modded the crap out of it, but it really was great right out of the box. I hope someone didn't overprice it on you by telling you it was a custom shop model. We live and learn though. I found this site before I purchased, contacted JSD's and ordered one. I wish everyone who was thinking about buying a tokai would come here first and educate themselves what with all the dishonest "*bayer's" out there. There is a topic that lists some of the forum members "*bay" ID's (I'm in there, I sell vintage speakers) and also a listing of shops that sell Tokais in an attempt to sort of protect ourselves. I can't say enough about buying from a reputable shop like JSD's, first class all the way. Regardless, it's a great guitar with a great finish. Have fun with it. I love mine.

Cheers Guys, it's a lovely guitar which i did'nt pay through the nose for as its origins were unknown.

Regards,
Adam

Back