HELP!!!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

budlust

Reaction score
its a maze this Made in Japan deal. utterly confusing to me unfortunately, so if someone would kindly clarify the following points please.

1. how does one if purchasing an instrument from ebay determine if it is indeed the genuine article? serial number! thought so but is there any other way of verifying its authenticity?
2. i was considering buying a new Tokai from tokaiguitars.com.au(,) an Australian distributor. could anyone tell me if these are the real McCoy or fakes created to exploit the growing market for Japanese made instruments.
3. are all the new Tokai?s available from the above website actually made in Japan.

bytheway what should i be expecting to pay ex shipping for a middle of the range, Japanese made Tokai SG?

cool bickies thanks in advance.

[/url]

Hi budlust,

Welcome aboard :D

1. MIJ, and new MIC guitars have serial numbers. MIK guitars do not have serial numbers.
2.They are the real McCoy, MIJ, MIK and MIC Tokais.
3.The Japanese models are actually made in Japan.

Freight would depend where you are in Oz. The SG75 (Japanese) is $1449.00

The SG38 is Chinese (new model not in 2006 Catalog), SG43 and SG50S are Korean, the SG75 and SG155 are both Japanese. Hope this helps clarify.

stratmoto said:
Hi budlust,

The SG38 is Chinese .

There is a god !

After all the agro I went through on this board because I dared to say some Tokai's are being built in China and were offical guitars !

My mind is at rest and my good friend and his guitar biz can now sleep well at night knowing that the past 20 Chinese Tokai's he imported are genuine offical Tokai stock :wink:

and they aint that bad either :eek:

Back