Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What does you wife say?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bunbury
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would probably draw blood and still fall off when the pins failed. Could be more dangerous than a domesticated child-proof wooden axe to make me useful round the house and garden (preferably MIJ law-suit type axe).
sneakyjapan
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, my Breitling Super Ocean is built to withstand pressure of up to 1000 meter dives...you break that and you`re achieving something.
There would be some other possible suggestions...slow down, unless you`re a young guy who still has to get past the " need for speed" phase or, and this is my final shot at this...a pocket watch, you do have pockets don`t you?
bunbury
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, not young - I'm 52 and I'm not planning on slowing down either.

Maybe a fob watch on a chain would work - tricky at high speed tho'. And I hope I never need a Breitling watch that works to 1000 metres down while on a bike.

I hope the trouble-and-strife isn't reading this. Anyone worked out how to carry 2 guitars on motorbike? We can always do amps later ....

Enough from me.
sneakyjapan
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my point was... the Breitling is quite robust. I don`t dive but the watch is probably bullet proof.
bruceboomstick
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I hope the trouble-and-strife isn't reading this. Anyone worked out how to carry 2 guitars on motorbike? We can always do amps later ....

many years ago my mate found a Hondo flying V in a music shop for some riduclously low price. Not being one to turn down a bargain he promptly bought it. It was only when we got back the car park that we kind of discovered the incompatibility of bikes and guitars. It fell to the idiot pillion passenger (me) to hold the guitar with one hand (V on the seat, neck in the air), while holding onto the grab rail with the other hand

Fortunately he only had a Kawasaki GT550....come to think of it the guitar was more aerodymnamic than the bike......
bunbury
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An axe-carrying pillion! I think you've just solved all my commuting problems.

Move over, we're coming through! Music and mayhem. ''
Roe
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tell my girlfriend that no I don't have 10 guitars - they are very different instruments: one type based on pedal steels (esquire w/B bender) and another based on spanish guitars (electric spanish 335).
villager
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

she says "you've got too many guitars"

I say "its my job"

Innadaze
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: What does you wife say? Reply with quote

Schnabelrock wrote:
What does you wife say?

I only got 4 electric guitars. I know that most of you have more, some very much more ...

She likes my guitars. I was a guitar player making OK money when we met twenty-something years ago. I'm still a guitar player making a lot more money today. She thinks it's some kind of addiction that I have so many but tells me she's glad I have something I like to do.
luis
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She says the same as villager...too many guitars.But I show her the pics I have when touring the factory and told about my fantastic experience meeting Adachi-san and she stops....for while Hope she will come with me next time to Japan to visit friends I?m willing to see again.Hope this time meeting forum members from Japan too, I?ll promise to taste some great spanish wine with them....
rgrafend

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, ... perhaps interesting:

In the past my wife more or less ignored my Gs and Fs, or just complaied about them needing too much space.

When I got my first Breezy (just a few months ago) she gave it a name (Roswitha, because of the gorgeous Candy Red finish).

Now she baptizes every Tokai I buy (3 Breezies, an ES130 and some 10 LSs; growing...). It's always a good reason for a nice bottle of wine too.

So somehow she accepted my Tokai-GAS.

What really pisses her off is the amount of amps I own.
royboy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recently added a ES 155 NAT to the collection which makes it up to 4 ,only one more slot to fill the rack looking forward to a LR 150 then finshed.
My wife always says can we talk about them before to buy them!!!!
Must say did on the latest, not sure how to get around the LS150 ANY IDEAS LADS!!!!!!
Glamrockmegastar
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrs Glamrockmegastar actually purchased my Burny for me!

I pointed it out in the shop and had it presented to me a few days later as an anniversary gift. She appreciates a fine axe and is encouraging a white custom I have my eye on. It has to be "pretty" though. "Firebirds are ugly" so I cant have one!

My work colleague however...

Greco SG 61RI - told wife it was borrowed from a friend.
Amplifier - lives in his office
Gibbo LP Jr - told wife it was $200 from a pawnshop!
Smokin' Tone
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife is real cool about my gear purchases. But my buddy has a lot of his stuff shipped to my house so he can sneak it in.
MIJvintage
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you wouldn't believe some of the requests I've had from buyers, concerning their purchases, and where I should ship them to just to keep it a secret from the wife or a girlfriend; amazing stuff, and somewhat depressing.......

thankfully I'm not married so, I don't have a wife around to voice an opinion that I couldn't care less about

"Yeah, yeah. We're in the bureau of beer and fire and cigarettes. And maybe some chicks, too." - Beavis
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: