What does you wife say?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schnabelrock

Reaction score
I only got 4 electric guitars. I know that most of you have more, some very much more ...

My wife is - I suppose as most wives - convinced she really needs 80 pairs of shoes. She is not that sure anybody needs more than one guitar :wink:

She knows my Heritage LP, she knows my Tokai LP. She also knows my Burny LP of which I somehow made her believe I?ll sell it quite soon.

There is an Edwards in my office she does not know ... Next next will be another Tokai, then followed by one more Heritage. I think i?ll hide them in the office or the band?s room.

Oh my ... Do you know that? :-?

LMAO..!!!...Too funny that you hide them from your wife..!!!
I can understand that 100% althought it's not something that i do.
My partner is a singer...quite good too...and she plays guitar reasonably well.
So she's more understanding...BUT.....she's already warned me NOT to turn up with any new guitars due to the financial aspect :p

"NOW SHE'S GONE
AND I CANT WORRY
CAUSE I'M SITTIN' ON TOP OF THE WORLD"

loverock0093xg.jpg

Schnabelrock said:
There is an Edwards in my office she does not know ...

I almost fell out of my chair when I read that, because I was thinking of doing exactly the same thing! I have almost 30 guitars now, and in fact, the last one I got my wife bought for me! But she does have her limits, and money is getting tighter all the time, so I thought it might be a good time for an Edwards Les Paul (or maybe a Gibson SG) at the office, until I can sneak it home without being caught in the act.

Bill

That's hilarious!!! :D

My Mrs has no say over it! She will comment if I buy something else that "I don't need" but I am not exessive with gear really anyway.

Only really got two guitars... a Tokai LS150 and a G&L Comanche between them they do everything I could ever need.

She might raise an eyebrow when I come home with a Marshall DSL50 and a 4x12 cab fairly soon though!

actually...I buy guitars that look like guitars she has already seen. So it`s the..." what this one? new?...naw, you`ve seen it before..don`t you remember? "
In all honesty...she never says anything when I buy a guitar, she knows she buys just as much stuff as I do so it kinda balances out.
She did notice the smurf burst `cause it doesn`t look like anything shes seen before, but luckily it only cost around $200.oo so she was impressed at my shopping skills.

My friend has sold over 20 guitars to this guy over the past 7 months. He is 34 year old and lives with his parents.

About 5 weeks back he bought a Tokai Love Rock of me and asked me too give him a lift home. In the car on the way back he asked me if I could say it was my guitar and he was borrowing it !!!!!

I asked him what the **** for ? He went on to say that his parents only think he has two guitars ! He hides them under the bed and in his wardrope.

Jesus, thirty fricking four years old and he hides stuff from his mummy and daddy.

I would never hide jack ***** from my wife, its dis-honest, she knows all about my 40 odd guitars :oops: and boy do I get it in the neck when she wants a holiday :eek:

Hi!
A very long time ago a girlfriend of mine asked me:

"You have to choose what you want! Your bloody Guitar, or me!"

What ya think I answered? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The ladies have to take us with the guitars, or better look out for another guy! If there is no serious reason for hiding a guitar - "Show her that guitar - plug it in and play some cool stuff for your wife!" And then...........................!!!!

good on ya, "ACY"

Schnabelrock said:
My wife is - I suppose as most wives - convinced she really needs 80 pairs of shoes. She is not that sure anybody needs more than one guitar :wink:

Sir, you should be old enough by now to realise that logic DOES NOT WORK on women.

Even if you pound her argument into the ground, the sulking that comes afterwards just isn't worth it.

My solution would be to start extra bank accounts for each of you and put a little away in them each payday as 'pocket money' - whatever's in there is yours to spend on as you please. However, even this has risks as she may expect you to spend this saved money on something nice for her as a 'surprise'. Like I said... logic does not work.

Things went wrong for me when Mrs Boomstick came home and found a bass in her wardrobe..........I got away with that (just) until the following week when she found some bike leathers hanging there too (in fairness the bike leathers had been hanging there a while - they were just hidden by the aformention bass) .

When she asked me what all my stuff was doing in her wardrobe I had to explain that I couldn't put it mine as I had an Amp in there. Perfectly logical explanation, or so you would think.

At this point I might just mention how good hospital food is these day.

Schnabelrock said:
There is an Edwards in my office she does not know ...

Whenever you have to start hidding amps you are going to need another office.

ACY said:
"You have to choose what you want! Your bloody Guitar, or me!"

What ya think I answered?

"Your bloody Tokai", of course.

bruceboomstick said:
Things went wrong for me when Mrs Boomstick came home and found a bass in her wardrobe

This one is really funny; a hidden bass in the wardrobe plus a black leather trouser, boots, hair spray and some necklaces... and then your wife having a heart attack after the fatal finding.

I've had my guitars for 30 years...my wife only lasted for 22 years :wink:

bruceboomstick said:
Things went wrong for me when Mrs Boomstick came home and found a bass in her wardrobe..........I got away with that (just) until the following week when she found some bike leathers hanging there too (in fairness the bike leathers had been hanging there a while - they were just hidden by the aformention bass).

OK - now bikes are easier. There are fewer of them to hide and for some reason each one is safer that the one it replaces. Don't say: "It knocks out a genuine 160HP at the back and I can't keep the front wheel down." Rather: "Look, it's got ABS and servo assisted brakes.".

I've got 1 bike (shhh ... 160 at the rear wheel) and 7 guitars, and it's the numbers that cause the guitar problems. What's domestically sensible about adding another guitar? Are you sub-letting space in that wardrobe?

Maybe you could start by not calling her Mrs Boomstick?

OK - now bikes are easier. There are fewer of them to hide and for some reason each one is safer that the one it replaces. Don't say: "It knocks out a genuine 160HP at the back and I can't keep the front wheel down." Rather: "Look, it's got ABS and servo assisted brakes.".

That's so true - my current japanese crotch rocket does 160mph, pulls stonking wheelies and goes round corners like it's on rails.

I really got it for commuting on................great fuel economy, and better for the environment.

I've hit a snag with guitars - in the past I've sold some, bought some, bought some more, sold some more. Unfortunately I'm at the point where I really like the ones I have, so it's harder to sell and replace, I just seem to keep adding......

Maybe you could start by not calling her Mrs Boomstick?
Good point - 'er indoors from now on.............

Latest posts

Back