Flat-Top

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schnabelrock

Reaction score
Did you ever hear of Les Paul flat tops. I don?t mean plain, but non-arch-top. I wonder if there are some ...

Do you mean like the LSS80, LSS175 & LSS100SEB? These are in the 2006 Tokai Catalog.

They are flat tops and come with P90's. Is it the same as the LP "Special"?

Not exactly. I mean a Standard, but flat. I remember seeing one about 25 (!) years ago. I was not a Tokai, but looked pretty cool. I wonder if something like that still exists.

I had a Gibson LP Standard in the mid 70's that had a flat top. I think the carving was done by hand at that time as I saw several with varying shaped tops from normal to flat.

Les

Some LP Custom's were made with flat tops....they're pretty cool.
I used to have a black custom with a flat top back in the late '70's and had a mate who owned a natural finish custom with a flat top and many a night I planned his untimely demise just so I could steal that axe ;)

I think not avalaible in Tokai,as they replicated Gibbo golden years. If you want a great flat top LP style get a Hamer, either a Special Plain or FM(Flamed Top).

gibson made a guitar called THE PAUL , this had a flat top. wood was walnut. neck had dot markers. borrowed one some time ago it looked cool, was considerably lighter, and played great, probably better than the 2 les pauls i owned

:eek: Brad Whitford has a flat gold top Les Paul from the 50's. All the plastic is black, it was on the cover of an old Guitar World from back in the 90's 8)

A buddy of mine has a '78 Les Paul Pro Deluxe with a flat top on it. It's about the heaviest guitar I've ever picked up; but I think most Gibsons of this time frame were pretty weighty.

I just thought that a nice flat-plain-top und sunburst could look quite cool. At least now I now, there are some, even though it seems that there never has been a big run og them.

Latest posts

Back