Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

B stock tokai
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
100watt
Power chords are my friend

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: B stock tokai Reply with quote

I've just had to send back a LS75Q because of imperfections and dings on the back of the guitar. It was sold to me as new. I paid ?542. I've just got off the phone with another retailer who will not drop his price from ?699. I didn't tell him about the one I sent back, but he told me to avoid cheaper guitars as there are guitars out there that are flawed. He said most are not set up properly either! Does anybody know anything about this?
togps
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were recently a thread with the issue, some UK dealer do carry second quality Tokais.

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=30826&highlight=#30826
math2014
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see that some dealers wont bodge from the 699 price whereas others are happy to go for 550 or even below. Now either someone is making extra profits, or someone else is getting 2nd grade guitars at a better rate from the source.

Any ideas?
Jamieh
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having never had any B grade stock issues to deal with I can't answer in that respect.

What I can tell you though is that the big companies are able to buy at better prices than smaller dealers like myself. Cutting the price right down to their levels can on occasion almost make it not worth doing!

My tip: If you're trying to get a price down you'll probably be better off trying to negotiate freebies as a bundle sale rather than knocking tehir price right down to bargain basement offers.... at those prices dealers can rarely afford to offer you the back up and after sales service that you as a customer require
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: B stock tokai Reply with quote

100watt wrote:
Does anybody know anything about this?

Its all in the Code....................ahhhhhhhh
sscanlan
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume this is another dig at Coda Music?? Can someone explain what the general issue is with that shop? Its my local shop but i've only ever bought 1 guitar there and haven't had to take it back. They were fine with me.
Donkey Oaty
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sscanlan wrote:
Can someone explain what the general issue is with that shop? .

Is there an issue with Coda selling B Stock then ?

I didnt know that
waftycrank
Plucker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ,
New to this group. I mail ordered a Gibson LP Standard from Coda in 1996 and it was a little 'ahem' rough. But then all Gibbos were back then. I swore I'd never buy mail order again but ... last week they had a nice translucent black LS75 on their website and I couldn't resist. It seems to be flawless and is IMHO not 'B' stock.

regards, Wafty
Amo
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donkey Oaty wrote:
sscanlan wrote:
Can someone explain what the general issue is with that shop? .

Is there an issue with Coda selling B Stock then ?

I didnt know that

Cut the bullshit Donkey Oaty...

Whats wrong with Coda?
Donkey Oaty
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amo wrote:

Whats wrong with Coda?

Who said anything is wrong with Coda ?

I would suggest you use that thing in your head ( called a brain ), read and re-read some threads on here and then put 2 + 2 together.......just like the other 99.9% of the forum members have

If your that thick that you cannot work it out , then you deserve to be turned over. Go buy a super electricity wonderful guitar of eBay. I hear the Chinese are looking for new customers
sscanlan
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donkey Oaty wrote:
Amo wrote:

Whats wrong with Coda?

Who said anything is wrong with Coda ?

I would suggest you use that thing in your head ( called a brain ), read and re-read some threads on here and then put 2 + 2 together.......just like the other 99.9% of the forum members have

If your that thick that you cannot work it out , then you deserve to be turned over. Go buy a super electricity wonderful guitar of eBay. I hear the Chinese are looking for new customers

Idiot.
togps
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sscanlan wrote:
..... Idiot.

Who?
Amo
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y'know thats exactly the sort of reply I expected from Donkey Oaty

The reason I asked is because a few week ago, about the same time as the Supreme and his Les Paul custom incident, I bought an ES120 from Coda unseen?

A: Because I live about a 400 mile round trip from the shop
B: Because I?m left handed and the chance of finding another in this country, let alone near enough for me to checkout firsthand is just about nil

?My guitar turned up just about perfect straight out of the box, so maybe I was lucky, maybe not.

The reason I asked the question was I?m planning to order an LS150 from them (Coda) in the near future and would be grateful if anyone, even Donkey Oaty, would let me know if anyone has had problems with them selling B stock as I don?t want a B stock 150 turning up

And don?t worry moderators, I wont be drawn or turn this into some ridiculous personal slanging match

Last edited by Amo on Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:07 am; edited 2 times in total
sscanlan
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every time I've seen Mr Oaty post anything that can be attributed to Coda Music its always a back handed comment with a ! Its of no help to anyone.

Anyway, I purchased a LS60 of them 3 or 4 months ago and found them to be fine but then I haven't had cause to take it back so can't comment on their after sales service.

Thank you...and goodnight.
LBUK
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've bought two Tokais from Coda this year mail order a LS150 and a Loverock II both have been spot on. I don't know if the lower prices in some dealers comes from shifting old new stock they have aquired as my loverock II was new but year is 2004.

Like any mail order make sure to ring them and confirm with e-mail and ask the right questions so they know exactly what you are expecting and ask for pictures of the one they are sending.

I have a problem finding Japanese Tokais locally which is why I used mail order. There are return policies and as long as you have copies of e-mails you've sent and recieved you will be in a strong position if it is not what you where expecting.

Unfortunately mail order will always be riskier.

LBUK
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: