Best Sub ?200 guitar for beginners

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

declan

Reaction score
Whats the best sub ?200 guitar for beginners available in the UK.

I find that most people starting out dont want to spend much more than this and in a lot of cases its less... more like ?150

Interested in hearing the opinions of people on this forum

Bruce is spot on.

Acoustically I'd say to go for a second hand Seagull, Simon & Patrick SP6, a Baby Taylor or a Freshman FA200.

http://www.musicianshop.com/cgi/musicianshop-uk.cgi/pageolpguitars/44a56b936684

OLP is a good guitar for the money.

Vintage make very good guitars, I have an SG copy and it is great for a ?130. If you could stretch to around ?230 I would buy the Cort G250. It is a fat strat guitar like the Pacifica 112 but supposed to be a lot better instrument. Checkout the review etc on this website. www.guitars.co.uk

I would buy the Cort G250

Cort do make some great guitars - as do vintage. I recently played some guitars by Indie, they were also excellent. Just to complicate matters further the current run of standard squires are by far the best they've ever produced.

The 150-250 GBP section of the market is really great at the moment - if you play a more pricey instrument it's worth having a go on a "cheapie" because you'll be suprised.

I remember the days when buying a starter guitar was always a matter of compromise - the pacifica broke that mold and thankfully everyone has seen it was a good idea.

Speaking as an Epiphone owner I'm suprised how many beginners focus on low end epiphones because of the Gibson connection and don't look at the alternatives

The whole "cheap" guitar market has opened right up, with brands like Vintage, Tanglewood, Shine, Cort etc all having a Chinese manufacturing base. All these brands seem to be getting rave reviews in the magazines as well, saying that they're infinitely more playable than ever before.

The Yamaha Pacifica is a great "name" starter as well, most owners tend to keep them and upgrade them as they develop as players.

The Yamaha Pacifica is a great "name" starter as well, most owners tend to keep them and upgrade them as they develop as players.

That's so true - there are never that many second hand examples around, and those that are avaiable are not always that cheap - good second hand value is important when you buy a first guitar

Back