Boss ME150

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bruceboomstick

Reaction score
Anyone had any experience of the Boss ME150?

I'm ready for fx again and this seems quite good 'cos it's more like a pedal than a normal multiFX.

never heard of the me150.
if u meant the boss me50 i would not recommend it. had one for about 6 months and only found 1 usable distortion on it. depends wot u are buying it for tho. the mod fx were very good, but i dint have a use for them other than pissing around as most mask your whole sound totally. as for the expression pedal, i found it didnt have enough sweep on the wah (i now use a standard crybaby), but it did double as a decent volume control.
overall: not worth the ?130 (but i sold it on eb*y for the same amount) :wink:
hope that helps you out

ME-50 - yeah confused myself there

I think all multi-fx will suffer from being built on compromise - so you don't get the flexibility of individual items.

Of course the other side of the coin is that with a rack of pedals will have a huge variations in settings you can have too much choice - either in how you set in each one or even how you connect them up.

Yamaha Magic Stomp, and a good Wah (I use a Budda). Does everything. Inexpensive. Multiple effects at once.

Zoom G2 or the G2.u(usb version).
I own a G2 and recommend it highly...I use it for gigs with no worries.
Kinda wish I went to the G2.u instead for the usb recording and the built in expression pedal.
The modelling is great....and it's relatively low priced compared to the Line 6 gear and the like.

i would also support zoom pedals. my mate got a 15 year old one for free from his guitar tutor and it kicks the me50's a*se.
if you want to try one out go for the 505, cant go wrong at around ?20

Agree completely about the new Zoom units, their much higher sampling rate places their sound quality high aboue all others in the same price band. I've heavily tested a Boss ME50, GT8 (too complex...) and Korg AX3000 and all of them are not in the same league in terms of sound quality. I've got the G2 and the new floorboard coming (G7.1ut) - metal cased units for longer life, put them in a laptop case to protect and you're there (a laptop case is much cheaper than an FX case/gig bag too!!)

bruceboomstick said:
I'm ready for fx again

I used a Roland multi-fx unit for years and it was cool, but 15 or so years ago i decided to go back to pedals, and to me, this is much more versatile and personal. A good distortion pedal, a boost, some type of chorus and a delay (and wah if you like) will get you all the tones you need and you can tweak them on the fly. There are so many good pedals these days that you can put together a personal arsenal fairly inexpensively and have your own personal sound/tone.

Either way you choose, good luck, man,

James

This is what i use a Boss GT6 click on the link you can get them on E-bay A lot of fx for little money but go into a guitar shop and try one,you will be blown away,

http://www.bosscorp.co.jp/products/en/_support/om.cfm?iCncd=273&ln=EN&SearchBy=RcId&dst=P&iRcId=0000000392&dsp=1&iStcd=4

Latest posts

Back