Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BLOOD, SWEAT AND TEARS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
togps
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:27 am    Post subject: BLOOD, SWEAT AND TEARS Reply with quote

a) Should I clean her?
b) Should I repaint this dirty lady?
c) Should I let her be as her is?

Whazz her name?
Ahh, she is a twentysix year old Silver Starlet 1980, covered with blood, sweat and tears.

marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leave her like she is....how does the dirty girl sound?

For all who have experimented with doing a relic job on your guitars, here is an example of mother nature's own work...
20 century boy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you should clean it, but nothing more.

I like dirty girls :p
joukov
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a)
Epoch
Power chords are my friend

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think innuendos should not be made about guitars :p

I also think you should clean it. Nothing is grungier than someone with a yellowed white guitar. Now someone with a clean white guitar? That's just sick, you know that guy's gotta be good. It really depends on how you are. If you are the Frazzed hair, rocker metal guy, dont touch it, leave it, it fits you. If you are more into artistry, and progressive lifestyles, then yea, clean it.

Personally, I'm the second guitarist. I wouldn't buy a stratocaster. I just don't like them for some reason (which sucks, because almost every guitar is modelled after it... ) My dream collections would include the white acoustic, a white and gold gretch falcon. (not sure on the name) and the tokai BF 100Bl. (which I am currently in the proccess of purchasing.

-Epoch
bruno
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give it a clean, she's a beauty, and even after being clean all that character will still be there
10th gear
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:50 am    Post subject: Grundgy or Pretty Girls? That is the Question! Reply with quote

OK, I have to be the first one to admit, I really like cool old Guitar thats been cranked up a bit with some actives, and some really loose strings, You know, the kind of strings that can be streached up to the players nose hairs. The ones that have some play miles on them. Scrapes, dings, the like. And honestly, does it matter what make or model it is if it's got a sound that rocks for the time? Not really...
I have a Peavey Preditor I picked up for $40.00 in a pawn shop. Well it didn't work so I bought it and tinkered with it and it played fine. It had red finish & some wear on it. Any way I had the bright idea to strip it down to bare and refinish it with something, I didn't know what at the time. And I've had several dozen ideas since I began. I've come to realize that when you take on a project like this , make sure you have all the details and ideas lined up or you'll drive your self freeking looney trying to decide what you really want to do with it. So I keep looking at other axes and the finishes they have to decide what I want to do. The next time, I'm going to leave well enough alone. Rock On Y'all... 10thGear

P>S> After I figure out how to work the IMG thing, I'll post a pic of it, before and after..

meckintosh
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clean it...and show us the rest of that beauty!
Novosel
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cleaning it would be a travesty. It's darn near perfect the way it is.

OK, maybe you can change the strings.
bruceboomstick
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say clean it.

Chips dings and scrapes - that's history
dirt is just dirt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: