Powerbridge vs Acoustic simulator

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snake

Reaction score
Has anyone got any experience with the fishman power bridge? And or with the boss acoustic simulator pedal? I have heard the boss pedal 'in action', it sounds pretty good but I think that is going directly to the sound board/pa not through a guitar amp. I only want to use it casually, not to replace an acoustic guitar.

Basically, I am going away traveling later this year, and I want to take a (full sized) guitar with me, and I am pretty fond of my electric to say the least, but I want to be able to have some sort of acoustic sound sometimes too. I know the obvious thing is to just take an acoustic, cause then you don't have to take an amp etc, but I am pretty sure I want to take the electric.

I have a boss acoustics simulator. It has two outputs - one goes directly to guitar amp and the second one, which goes to DI box or mixer or computer. When you depress the pedal, turns off the amp signal and turns on the acoustic signal. It's quite useful for stage, also quite interesting sounds you can get out of the pedal, but it's way too noisy for recordings. I recommend it for stage if you don't want to change guitar during performance, but don't use it for recording. I also tried a Johnson J Station ( http://www.johnson-amp.com/jstation.htm ), which has two acoustic simulators, but it has the same problem. Cool for live, too noisy for studio.

Back