Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

D*A*M "Boutique" Fuzz Boxes - UK Handmade Stompbox

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> FX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skybone
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:52 am    Post subject: D*A*M "Boutique" Fuzz Boxes - UK Handmade Stompbox Reply with quote

Re the RAT thread...

I used to use a Vintage RAT for that gnarly, vintage tinged distorto-fuzz/OD that I like, using low pedal gain & high pedal volume into a high volume/medium gain amp so as to colour the power valve distortion. The problem with the RAT was the Filter (EQ) being very limited.

I'd heard about this company, D*A*M, on the grapevine through various bulletin boards, and thought they needed some further investigation.

The majority of their products are clones/replica's of late 60's/early 70's "Holy Grail" Fuzz boxes, like Vox Tone Benders, and they've recently added a "Ram's Head" Big Muff clone to the range, as well as having a germanium booster (Red Rooster) in there. I e-mailed the compnay, and basically found out that it was a one man band, hand making everything using eco-friendly components (where possible), which all sounded good to me. Anyway, when I asked about their possible RAT replacements, he recommended their "Meathead Deluxe" pedal, so I ordered one with a request for a slight mod over stock, to use the same power connector that the RAT uses (3.5mm mini jack type).

About 5 weeks later I took delivery of a fantastic, purple monster of gnarly fuzz fun. I can see my using this one for even longer than the RAT (I used that exclusively for 5 years).

URL below, check them out!
www.stompboxes.co.uk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> FX All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: