What gauge are Tokai Love Rock stock strings?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ganzua

Reaction score
What gauge are Tokai Love Rock stock strings? .10 - .46?

.010 .013 .017 .026w .036w .046w

Either 9's or 10's, I prefer using the Ernie Ball Hybrid set, with 9 guage top strings, and 10 guage bottom's.

9, 11, 16 26w, 36w, 46w

When changing strings and you're not sure about the guage that's on, always make sure you check your intonation.

Skybone said:
When changing strings and you're not sure about the guage that's on, always make sure you check your intonation.

That's why I asked :wink: The setup now is good and I don't want to re-adjust the intonation.

Does anybody know the gauge of the stock strings?

Found this on a serch of the forum hope it helps

LoveRocksRule said:
i had a long talk with Bob from Tokai UK regarding the string gauging of Love Rocks when they leave the factory.... and he proceeded to tell me that they are shipped with 10 to 46 that would be the same gauge as regular slinkys...

and i restring once a week as i play to much... and after whipping on the regular slinkys i thought that they were identical to what i took off the guitar to start with....

not trying to start any arguments but this is just what Bob from Tokai told me ...
i wanted to be sure exactly waht gauge i was putting on before restringing just incase i warped the neck from putting on to heavy a string.... but he said for sure that these axes are shipped with 10 to 46 and i must agree with him as i have restrung my axe about 6 times since purchasing and i didnt notice that the strings i put on were thicker than the oringinal strings that it came shipped with.....

go ahead and send bob an email at [email protected] and im sure he will gladly answer your questions....

anyways i thought that it was only guitars with the longer 25 1/2 inch neck scale that came with 009 gauge strings as standard and axes with the 24 3/4 scale had 10s installed.....

i have always used 10s on my lesters and power slinkys for my ibanez's

Dave

LBUK

Just finished measuring the strings on an MIJ Love Rock, brand new.

.010, .012, .017, .025, .034, .046

Measured with digital vernier calipers, so I think that it is fairly accurate.

As far as intonation is concerned, thats a whole 'nother can of worms. I use a Peterson strobe and compare the open note to the fretted 12th note.

Some use the fretted 3rd and fretted 15th, for example. Some use the harmonic 12th.

I always redo the intonation with a string change. Funny thing is, if I recheck them later, say 2 ~ 3 weeks, they sometimes need a tweek to bring it back to perfect.

I think the stretching of the string must somehow affect the intonation. It is only slight, but it is measurable. It's close enough so that my ear can't pick it though.

You can drive yourself crazy trying to get things perfect sometimes.

Hope that this helps.

Thanks a lot! LBUK and stratmoto :D

I had a caliper but I couldn't find it. :oops:

.010, .012, .017, .025, .034, .046 -> A pity because this set is not common, I won't be able of finding the same set in my country. I'll have to deal with the intonation. D'addario's xl110 are

.010 .013 .017 .026w .036w .046w

You can drive yourself crazy trying to get things perfect sometimes.

You're right! :D

Ganz?a, the Daddarios work very well don?t worry,just place them,a little soft to me but fine.Just be carefull with Gibson Humbuckers I had some trouble with 3rd gaugge(and they are not good strings to me,get Gibbo Vintage instead if you foind any set).

luis said:
Ganz?a, the Daddarios work very well don?t worry,just place them,a little soft to me but fine.Just be carefull with Gibson Humbuckers I had some trouble with 3rd gaugge(and they are not good strings to me,get Gibbo Vintage instead if you foind any set).

I'll try a d'addario xl110 set first :wink: Thanks for the advice.

Latest posts

Back