Breezy sound date?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Seems to be a common request on here to ask for help in dating Breezy Sound tele copies. Mine is yellow, serial number L14877. I?d love to know more about it if anyone could help. I?ve had to replace to the tuners as they were damaged, and the volume pot too, but otherwise it~s a great guitar and much admired by other guitarists in North-East Brasil where I play in a blues band. I wonder what it?s worth in Europe?

Thanks for the prompt reply but at the place you mention there are all these models ST50R, 60R, 70R, 80R, 100R, 120R
TE50R, 70R, 80R, 120R
PB70R, 80R JB45R, 60R, 80R, 85FLR, 120R
and my knowledge isn?t good enough to know which is which.

As you seem to be so knowledgeable is there anywhere I could get the guitar valued?

If you take off the neck pickup, there might be model number stamped on bottom of the cavity. You could also take a look at the Tokai catalogs (link is on the front page of TokaiRegistry, dating an id) and try to find out which model your guitar is. Serial number doesn't always tell the truth.

If you wanna get your guitar valued, go to a guitar store and ask them for a price. Do you wanna play it or sell it?

There aren?t any guitar stores where I live in the middle of nowhere in Brasil, so there?s a shortage of guitars, so other guitarists, local guys, have asked me if I want to sell it. I don?t really want to sell it, but then again I don?t play it very often as I play keyboards in the band and when I play guitar I play mostly acoustic guitar and slide and lap steel, so yeah maybe I would sell it. So I?d like to know approximately what it would be worth in Europe, then next time someone local makes me a serious offer I might say yes, and make myself enough money to buy some gear that I NEED, like a good keyboard amp or a small portable PA system, rather than just having the Tokai sit around in a case for years without being played. And make some local guy really happy because it?s a super guitar, sounds really great compared to the cheap **** a lot of guys play around here. Somehow the old hippie in me says instruments should be played.

Hi joukov. I just went back to the registry catalog chart as you suggested and compared the headstock of my BreezySound, and it?s definitely pre-81, according to the type of lettering and colour of the wood, (if that?s relevant). That figures, as I bought it in Holland second-hand in about 1985 (400 guilders if I remember rightly, from Staffhorst in Utrecht)
I?ve done a google and an ebay search, but didn?t find one for sale anywhere. Either this means I got the date wrong and the guitar is in fact from another date, or it?s really rare!!!! What do you think?

no idea how to post the pictures I?ve just taken of the guitar on this forum. Can?t find an FAQ on the subject either.[/img]

Pete Z Trucker said:
no idea how to post the pictures I?ve just taken of the guitar on this forum. Can?t find an FAQ on the subject either.[/img]

Youve got a PM!

Right, photobucket it is then. But not now. Been out for a sushi blowout with gallons of sake and I can?t face registering with anything right now, but thanks for the tip!

PIcs of my (probably) pre-1981 BreezySound Tele are at
http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j308/PeteZTrucker/

Pete Z Trucker, nice guitar. Congrats.

It is a TE50, '64 model, Year 1983/1984.
Before 1983 the Tokai Strats and Teles used the "Spaghetti" logo on the head stock.
Compare your guitar with my rare Breezy. At present time at Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.de/TOKAI-Tele-1983-Paisley-Finish-rare-alt-und-edel_W0QQitemZ7420030602QQcategoryZ2384QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

togps; well that?s a bloody nice-looking guitar innit!!! Respect!!!

If yours is worth 1200Euros, as it?s rare and so on, and looks like in perfect condition, whereas mine has different tuners and a different volume knob, then would you agree it could be worth less, about 600-800 Euros? Do you think that would be a fair price if someone wanted to buy it? As everything in Brasil costs about 40-50% more than in Europe, then I might even get 1000 Euros or the equivalent thereof. Hmmmm.

Many thanks for the hints and tips, much appreciated. I had no idea Tokai had such a diverse crew of afficionados. Reading some of the other forums makes me want to go out and get another Tokai, something like an ES-175 copy, which I?ve always wanted since seeing Pat Metheny a while back. But then again, do I NEED another guitar? NO. NO, says the wife. We need a new mattress and a cupboard in the kitchen and .......

Latest posts

Back