Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LS 320

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TUNAFREAK
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: LS 320 Reply with quote

Got my LS 320 earlier today from Buckwild . Took some time and changed strings and did some set up and I now see what all the fuss is about. The axe has very low action and you can't make it buzz if you try. It is very light and sounds awsome. I gave up alot but it is worth having a thing of pure magic.
Thank you Buckwild, Joe that is, for the delivery of this guitar, it is all that you said it is. It's a keeper.

Mark
hans-j?rgen
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you cancel the new LS380 from Ishibashi then because of the fret edge binding doubts?
togps
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hans-j?rgen wrote:
.... because of the fret edge binding doubts?

Which kind of daubts???
LS380 features fret edge binding !!!
BASTA!!!
bruno
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure mark will shine in, but that was not the reason, he simply got a deal on the 320
TUNAFREAK
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's true that this LS 320 fell into my lap. The several LS 380's I have seen do not have frett edge binding. And this does bother me, not because it's better, it's the way it is supposed to be. I will take a pic today and send it to Hiroaki and ask again to state what I think we all know. I might be a deal breaker. I could use those funds for a nice ES 155 or better. Besides, its taking forever for this LS 380 and I bet it's no better than my LS 320.

Mark
luis
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew you would appreciate a LS320 Mark,much more guitar than a 150 but expensive of course.It's the best money spend to me. A real Les Paul....by Tokai! It's my magic guitar besides my Navigator strato.If I take watthever these guitars I found I keep playing long long time without a break(it's called inspiration).
buckwild

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: LS 320 Reply with quote

TUNAFREAK wrote:
Got my LS 320 earlier today from Buckwild . Took some time and changed strings and did some set up and I now see what all the fuss is about. The axe has very low action and you can't make it buzz if you try. It is very light and sounds awsome. I gave up alot but it is worth having a thing of pure magic.
Thank you Buckwild, Joe that is, for the delivery of this guitar, it is all that you said it is. It's a keeper.

Mark

Glad your happy, Rock on!
TUNAFREAK
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just sent pics to Hiroaki about the neck binding problem. I don't think they understand what I'm talking about. But I will not purchase that guitar until they clear this up. That's the cool thing about using your Visa. I will keep it if it has the infamous fret edge binding. I'll keep you posted on this subject, I hate to cancel on Ishibashi of whom I've had a great relationship with over the years, but I think I'm in the right here.

Mark
ganzua
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And how much does it cost a LS320? After checking a LS85 I think the LS320 must be great.
TUNAFREAK
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Ls 320 is about $2250 but is know longer made. Now they make the LS380 and it is about $2650.00 and they don't have the fret edge binding that the LS 320 came with. They do however come with $600.00 pups.
THe 320 I just got is in a class buy itself, you just have to pick one up and play it. But then again, all of the Tokai's that I have owned are the best playing guitars around. Just enjoy the model you got and realize how much better they are than most.

Mark
bigmike
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tuna,

Glad to see you got it - I'm assuming you guys hooked up to close the deal (like I did with Joe). I have Joe's old LS200 and I think it's super - can't imagine how great the LS320 is...

On that other note - I really think Tokais kick ass. I have an old Tokai Talbo and that thing is scary cool !! It's hard thinking someone could go wrong with ANY Tokai model.

Big
TUNAFREAK
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not got a bad one yet,They seem to be on top of most things when it comes to QC. But I have noticed a few flaws over the years. I guess if you look at any guitar you can find something to nitpick.
I just have to wait and see what Ishibashi will do about the LS 380, if anything. I would like to get the new ES 155 or better if I can cancel this LS 380.

Mark
TUNAFREAK
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hans-j?rgen wrote:
Did you cancel the new LS380 from Ishibashi then because of the fret edge binding doubts?

They are going to hold me to it. They said they will cancel only if it has'nt been started. Otherwise, I bought myself a LS 380. I guess it could be worse. Now I'll see why they cost $600.00 more.

Mark
Jimmytaroh
Plucker

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't sweat the fret edge binding. W/out it you have more fret to work with and if you have the guitar long enough, you'll refret it and they're gone anyway.

Now you can have two great Tokai's, and if one's drastically better sell the other w/ no loss
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: