My first Tokai - finally I've got her !!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tudor

Reaction score
Hi,

still I am all excited ...

I've got my first Tokai on Thursday. Looked for a long time (togps already thought that I'm just kidding and started to tempt me with wonderful brand-new LS85s! :wink: ) but finally I purchased her in a heartbeat - there are no regrets, altough I had to sratch all my funds together and I've overckecked my account extremely.

I think, you guys know that feeling! :wink:

I was looking for a mature lady, in good condition - no wreck at all - and not so much playing wear and belt buckles ... She's in a breathtaking condition, with a few minor dings but nothing serious. :lol:
Guess, if you'll meet a nice mature lady, you don't expect her to be untouched and in a pristine condition, right ??? :-?

So, when I saw her for the first time several weeks ago, I fell in love with her on the spot - looked at the pics every day ... and shot her last week.
My wife will kill me!!! :-?

Look for my album at "Tokai LS150" ... enjoy it !

http://ruediger-albrecht.medion-fotoalbum.de/

... some feedback ??? :-?

Roger

Explain to your wife with real examples how much it will appreciate in value.
Tell your wife you have contributed to your retirement fund. It's cash that isn't easily freed up. You won't be tempted to spend it on something disposable.

Happy you found the right instrument, and the fotoshow was beautiful!

Enjoy!

Hey Roger you did it, and you did it right.
Congrats.
Stunning guitar.
Enjoy your lady. :D

Interesting that a '85 LS150 does not feature a long tennon?
(Should not lower my compliments to your new family member)

Thnx for the compliments - glad you like it!
On some close-ups I tried to spot the few dings - after posting them in my album I saw that I shot them together with a couple of dust particles on the finish. :-?

Explain to your wife with real examples how much it will appreciate in value.
Tell your wife you have contributed to your retirement fund. It's cash that isn't easily freed up. You won't be tempted to spend it on something disposable.

Thnx TSL for your good ideas! Hope she will get it! She knows me better than I do, so ... :-?

Interesting that a '85 LS150 does not feature a long tennon?

Hi, Gottfried, I knew it from the very first, because they sent pics of the cavity but I didn't mind ... She's great looking and the sound is so smooth and with detailled midrange ... I can feel the vibrations of the body, just going into mine! A love affair? Seems to be so ...! :oops:
I had no experience with Dimarzios ... no harsh sound, very PAF-like, I love them! They fit extremely in this guitar.
BTW - there will be NO changes! I love my 'Lady' as is! :wink:

Thanks also to ganzua!

Roger

Hi Jim,

Thnx alot, I appreciate your plaudit. :lol:

... and Andi, we bought the Edwards just at the same time and now again the Tokais. That's curious !! :eek:

Just to be tempted to say: Zwei Doofe - ein Gedanke ! (Sp??le) (Translation: Two fools - one decision) :wink:

BTW - I'm working on the building site at home - I have problems to link the pics ... :-?

Roger

Back