Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Qst regarding johnnys fernadez rlg-90

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tokaifreak
Power chords are my friend

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject: Qst regarding johnnys fernadez rlg-90 Reply with quote

Beautiful guitar! Glad it finally arrived. There is allot of info on the net that states that current burny/fernadez are made in china and in korea. And that therefore the quality is not that good. I've also read that the higher grades like the rlg series are made in Japan. I've also heard that the higher grades are made in Japan even though they have three screws in the truss rod cover. The pictures of the rlg were beaufiful. I assume that this guitar is made in Japan and has a solid maple cap? If so, where can I buy one?
sneakyjapan
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

certainly not around here...I`ve been looking for a nice, reasonably priced one for a while but no luck...heck, I`d even settle for a strat or tele !
johnnyl
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello tokaifreak!
My guitar is from the 90s, or at least so I'm told... It's a made in Japan RLG-90 w/ two screws truss rod covers, but the top is laminated, not a solid one, just like the lower grades mij Tokais, if I remember correctly.
Who cares, by the way, it looks beautiful just the same!
As for where to find one at a reasonable price, it ain't that difficult, you just have to look at Burny/Fernandes Super Grades on Ebay... If you're patient enough you may easily find a good one at 450-500 euros (=550/600 U$), which is about the price of the lower grades (LS70-75) Tokais and a little less than the Edwards equivalents... By the way, i paid 380 E. (=460 U$) for mine, plus shipping and customs.
Oh, I almost forgot, I bought mine from user japanoldguitar, great service and he's got better prices than most of the others on Burnys (he just sold another honey burst Super Grade at just above 400 E.).
Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Other All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: