How can I identify LS150

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mainly by specs: 1 piece mahogany(african) body 2 pieces maple top not veneer,long tennon,laquer finish(try acetone test) and yes,it says LS150 and the colour nomenclature(HDC on mine=Heritage Dark Cherry) inside bridge cavitie).Some tops are AAA flamed,but it was designed to be a plain or lightly flamed as mine.Also has got CTS pots and Orange Drop caps and cotton wires(old style).The neck is '58 style in opposite to the rest of models(excluding LS70),It's a wide neck(wider than Gibbo 50's which has round edges as oppostite to Tokai more straight).....Pick one if you can they are going up in price....

Hi there!
I am recognizing Tokai LS150 model right now! Excellent! Can anybody tell me, where I can find a LS serie catalog?
Can anybody tell me, where I can buy one in a great price from nowadays?
Can you tell me some words about is? (It is made in Japan? Comes with hardshall case?Better that limited edition japan-made Epiphone and Edwards by Esp, etc)?

jawilluk said:
The guitar I just bought has all of the above except it doesn't say LS150 in the bridge cavity - it says '2-34' & 'ULS' & 'HDC' & '3'. We know what HDC means but what about the rest?

Thanks

the ULS means it is an LS model, the three>> anyone>>~?
________
Multiple sclerosis forums

jawilluk....that's a stunning guitar :D Where did you get it? We can't get them like that in the States. Congratulations! Any pictures of the headstock?
What are the pickups like?

You can also check to see if the tailpeice is aluminum, and it has to be made in 2005. I think there was a very short run. That has a nice top buy the way. That is not the case that it came from the factory with though. Just look up the Number here.

Mark

Man that is one sweet top !!! I believe HDC means Heritage Dark Cherry so it's pretty close to what it looks like. Real nice piece. And correct me if I'm wrong but you got it at the low price. Nice score !!

Big

Hmmm. Interesting headstock. Apart from the obvious difference to the Gibson 'open book' design at the top, notice how the tuners on the right are set further in. On my Love Rock the 'A' string passes close to the low 'E' string tuner and the 'B' string passes close to the high 'E' string tuner(ala Gibson) whereas here the 'B' string passes closer to the high 'E' string tuner than on the other side. It's as if the whole head stock is not placed directly in the middle. On my Love Rock the tuners are parallel unlike the classic Gibson '50s slightly tapered alignment, (where the tuners for the two 'E' strings are closer together than the 'D' and 'G' string tuners). Fascinating stuff. I've seen several variations on the classic Gibson headstock from Tokai.

jawilluk

"The photo was taken at a slight angle. In reality the tuners are equidistant from the edges of the headstock."

Well, that explains that! :D I was getting worried that Tokai were slipping in their quality control..... what a beautiful guitar. What shop online in the UK did you get it? I got my Love Rock from a dealer up in the North of England somewhere, back in the '90s.

Latest posts

Back