how to recognize the model of 1970-1982s Silver Star Strats?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prulup

Reaction score
Hello, how can You recognize what model of 1970-1982s era of Tokai Silver Star Strats it is? Because there is no number stamped. They made models: SS38,40,48,50,60,80. On newer models, there is a number stamped on the back of the neck, but not on the old 70s models. Are there any key differences? I thought it was the fact, that the head is from one piece of wood, but I have seen one piece on the lowest model (38) too...

For example - look at this guitar on eBay. Thank you

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tokai-Silver-Star-Stratocaster-80s-Japan-lawsuit_W0QQitemZ7399524575QQcategoryZ112670QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The earlier ones had the 7okai logo instead of the Tokai example you showed,
Apart from that I'd be very curios to know,

I think the higher end 80's had 4 bolt necks,
Watto

Watto said:
The earlier ones had the 7okai logo instead of the Tokai example you showed,
Apart from that I'd be very curios to know,

I think the higher end 80's had 4 bolt necks,
Watto

Yes, you mention the difference between pre 1982 and post 1982 models. BUT: How you recognize the other models? SS38 from SS40, SS48, SS50, SS80? :-(

I have heard, that SS60 is 1966 replica and it has four bolts and no rod on the head. But what about the others?

Just by observation and knowledge.I'm seeing Silver Stars incorrectly advertised in Japan as SS60 models and they aren't,and any SS80 suspiciously strange too.Be carefull.

luis said:
Just by observation and knowledge.I'm seeing Silver Stars incorrectly advertised in Japan as SS60 models and they aren't,and any SS80 suspiciously strange too.Be carefull.

That is why I am asking, because I really dont know how to recognize the models, if you know how, tell me please the differences...

Latest posts

Back