Have Ishibashi stopped selling Tokai?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seb

Reaction score
They seem to not be on the website anymore.

I've been thinking about an ES100. The Ishibashi price seemed pretty keen in comparison to UK retailers,even with Duty & VAT!

I've mailed Ishibashi today,so we shall see, but if any of you guys has any info I'll be most grateful.

Seb, how much would it cost in UK pounds including VAT and duty to buy one from Ishibashi? I'm interested as a) I'd like a cherry red ES100 and b) I might be forced to sell my ES120 this week :(

I recently found this page about new ES models on the Musicland Key site:

http://www.musicland.co.jp/shibuya/tokai_selection/index.html

I don't know if they export guitars or answer to emails though.

Thefairway said:
Seb, how much would it cost in UK pounds including VAT and duty to buy one from Ishibashi? I'm interested as a) I'd like a cherry red ES100 and b) I might be forced to sell my ES120 this week :(

Coda are selling 100's for ?599 and 120's for ?669.

Deadman said:
Thefairway said:

Coda are selling 100's for ?599 and 120's for ?669.

The Coda guitars are ex display according to their website.

From what I can see an ES-100 is 80,000 Yen which is roughly ?400

Add 25% for Duty & VAT which is ?100

Then add ?85.00 delivery

I make that ?585. However its worth remembering that due to the change in climate....the guitars tuning etc will be all over the shop for about 6-8 weeks.

I imported a Fender Kotzen Telecaster last year. It was U-box and cost me ?500 which is an amazing deal...although, like I said the tuning was all over the shop. But after 6 weeks I did a setup and its been fine.

I mailed Ishibashi, they still sell them. But I'm not sure they carry them in stock.

However I'm now thinking about one of these, but does anyone know if its a solid maple top? as opposedto steam pressed sycamore or a laminate?

ls85q1.jpg

You shouldn't forget the original case that is included in the price from Japanese shops if it's a high end Tokai like the ES100. It seems that Coda doesn't sell them with a case or at least not with the original one.

The mid priced MIJ quilted maple Love Rocks all have a veneer, a solid quilted maple top would be a special order and very expensive.

Hi,

regarding Musicland, I can only tell the best. I ordered two Elitists from them, one SG and one Gold Top. I can highly recommend them. Masaru Endoh from Music Land Key Shibuya shop is very helpfull. The Gold Top is still caught in customs in Frankfurt. They ship now with EMS, the SG came with UPS, took 3 days only.

Greets
Martin

Latest posts

Back