Fernandes LE2 Reissues

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johneq

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm new here. Looks like the place to be for Fernandes info. I'd like to get any information on the 2003-04 Japanese remakes of the LE2 series. I've located a few new old stocks that seem to be a good price. Anybody have one of these or can tell me anything about the quality and electronics, especially the pick-ups. Thanks

I'm posting a reply/follow-up to myself and anyone who is interested! There have been over 60 views to my original post but no one has replied with any information which leads me to believe these guitars are pretty hard to come by. I went ahead and purchased several of these and for everyones information, they are fantastic guitars. Action, fit and finish are flawless and the necks have that classic Japanese profile...shallow or flattened C shape with a beautiful vintage tint. I compared the finish on the maple fingerboard to a Fender MIM 50's reissue and there's no contest. The Fender had a heavy thick layer of finish that was built up around the frets and felt sticky to the touch. The LE2's sound great too, better in my opinion than the early Fernandes. I'm sure they've improved the electronics over the years. If you can find one, I'd highly recommend buying it. I possibly may sell one of these so if you have an interest, drop me a note.

I have been looking into buying a Fernandes recently (though I think it'll be Korean not Japanese?), but I'm also in the market for a Strat style guitar.

Is this the guitar you are talking about? (quick google turned up those!) I'm pretty worried about buying guitars unseen, as last time I did that there were problems with the fretboard, so your comments on that are encouraging. How much did you pay for yours if you don't mind my asking?

Hi ... thought I'd revive an old thread. :)

I just picked up a new LE2 from 2003 (NOS). It is great. I got it
for well under the price of an MIM or MIJ Fender and it's just as good the a CIJ Tele that I have. The neck is identical.

The pickups suck, but the fit and finish of the guitar itself are great.

I've got some Fender Fat 50's on order that should really make it sound great.

Anybody else have one?

-- Bill

LE1 and LE2 They are great guitars The downside for the 2000-2003 re issued LE2 is the electronics.
There are some guys over at japanaxe that have threads about LE and TE series Fernandes Guitars Check those out.

Back