Random questions : LS75 set neck, MK2/MK3 pickups, MSB color

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Professor Jones

Reaction score
- On Tokai's website it is not mentioned that the LS75 has a set neck, but in this page http://www.apollonmusic.com/c_menu/natsukasi_G/Tokai.html they say that it has one. Who is wrong ?

- Does anybody knows what is the difference between MK2 and MK3 pickups ?

- Where I can I find a decent quality pic of a LS85Q in MSB color ?

Thanks !

Set neck means glued neck, so it's the normal method used on all MIJ Love Rocks, and that's why Tokai doesn't mention it on their site.

Well, it's mentioned on Tokai's site except in the LS70 and LS75 specs, that's why I tought it was strange.

Professor Jones said:
Well, it's mentioned on Tokai's site except in the LS70 and LS75 specs, that's why I tought it was strange.
No, it's the lowest MIJ model, but they all have set necks. Bolt-on necks are nowadays only found on MIK models, but in the past there were some MIJ ones, too, I believe.

About the pickups I don't know either how they differ and would like to know it myself. And the Matt Brown Sunburst finish on quilted tops isn't seen very often, so it's probably hard to find better pictures than the normal catalog photos that Apollonmusic uses.

i can tell u that the vintage mk 2 pups are excellent i eventually will go for a pick up change but these stock ones are good enuff for what i need them for just now...

hanvet had any experience with the mk3s so sorry man

I felt MKIII pups,while nice pickups lacked some bass response(nott too much however).It could be the guitar too,but not really sure.....I prefer MKII but I feel bridge pup a little hot for my taste,but if you play modern music with high gain it would like to you.....

Latest posts

Back