Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Questions for Greco guitars please post here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Greco
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darrylicshon
Plucker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: have greco what model? Reply with quote

just got a greco-guitar device with spirit energy well thats what it says on the headstock , looks like a randy rhodes , but has a point on the top wanted to know anything you might know about it , thankd darrylicshon
theskywolf
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So a new question / discussion here on Grecos:

I have 2 Grecos sold to me as EGF 1000 Super Real, both from 1980. Interestingly, they have different headstocks. The one with the lower serial no has a longer (~ 1cm) headstock and a slightly different bell-shaped truss rod cover (the white edge is thinner). I assume they're both original ...

When looking at the catalogue from 1980 it may be that the one with the shorter headstock may be a EGF 850, but I'm not sure ...
luis
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pre-super real series have a bigger headstock,not vintage correct(maybe a Norlin style one)bigger than Burny and than Tokai(from more to less),so the neck/headstock could be an old part left.....
u2fan
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is the difference between a EG and a EGF?
20 century boy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

egf are from super real serie.

Last edited by 20 century boy on Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
detroitace
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question concerning the semi-hollow body or chambered guitars from Greco. Where did the inspiration come for these? Was there an equivalent Gibson guitar that they were modeled after or was it only to lighten them up and/or change the sound?

Thanks!
detroitace
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guitar mentioned in the above post:

I sold it a couple of months back, but I miss it. I didn't have to do much to it. The original pickups sounded great the body was in quite good shape (save a gash in the back).
20 century boy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detroitace wrote:
I have a question concerning the semi-hollow body or chambered guitars from Greco. Where did the inspiration come for these? Was there an equivalent Gibson guitar that they were modeled after or was it only to lighten them up and/or change the sound?

Thanks!

Yes, the inspiration were the Gibson from the 70's as far as I know. Same for the pancake bodies.
detroitace
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yes, the inspiration were the Gibson from the 70's as far as I know. Same for the pancake bodies

I knew that Gibson made pancake bodies in the 70's, but didn't think they made chambered les pauls. Do you know which models were chambered?

Thanks!
andydehmer
Plucker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:13 am    Post subject: Question Greco Reply with quote

Hello, i have a Greco EGC-68-50 Can anyone tell me something about this model. Te serial is B87xxxx. The man who sells me this guitar told me it is from the Mint Collection. Can anyone tell me something about the quality and the value of this guitar.
Some pictures:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7398303567&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1
tbdcco
Plucker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

recently around my area, this guy put up a 1978 greco flying v for sale for like us $450. but cant really find much info on that partiucular yr model. what i gathered from guitarjapan website is that the guitars that were made from77-79 were good but not to exact gibson specs...true?
maybe guys can advise if its worth getting or maybe tell me more about greco flying v from 1978, how were the quality n pickups..

thanks

edited: from what i gathered fr http://psyco.jp/greco/c09_21.html. the modelshould be the lower price fv600 because of the tom string loading kind rather than the fv900 which is string thru body.
tbdcco
Plucker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

recently around my area, this guy put up a 1978 greco flying v for sale for like us $450. but cant really find much info on that partiucular yr model. what i gathered from guitarjapan website is that the guitars that were made from77-79 were good but not to exact gibson specs...true?
maybe guys can advise if its worth getting or maybe tell me more about greco flying v from 1978, how were the quality n pickups..

thanks

edited: from what i gathered fr http://psyco.jp/greco/c09_21.html. the modelshould be the lower price fv600 because of the tom string loading kind rather than the fv900 which is string thru body.
20 century boy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tbdcco wrote:
but cant really find much info on that partiucular yr model. what i gathered from guitarjapan website is that the guitars that were made from77-79 were good but not to exact gibson specs...true?

Yes it's true. Fot greco models at least. Like, head can be a little bigger than Gibson's one, things like that. For the rest, it's difficult to tell as the quality range for greco can be wide but pick up are often really good, even on cheap models.
But there's a lot of mystakes on guitarjapan site so if I were you, I wouldn't refer to that site when looking for infos.
togps
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good prepared, 20 century boy
Compliment!
20 century boy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Greco All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 2 of 19

Jump to: