• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Tokai Love Rock Custom - Seymour Duncans.

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgdew

Reaction score
Hi,

Will try and get a picture on here at some point, but I am seriously considering selling my MIK 2004 Tokai Love Rock Custom Cherry Sunburst that I bought from JSD in Canada (so Canadian specs). The guitar is in as new condition and I have upgraded the pickups to a SD JB in the bridge and a SD Jazz in the neck, it sounds awesome and plays really well, but I just am not using it as I have a MIJ 1984 white custom (with the same pickups in it) that I tend to pick up first.

At this moment in time I am only considering selling it, if anyone is interested then give me a yell, I might also consider a swap for another tokai model (ideally might want to replace this when gone with a Tokai version of the gibson 335).

how much are you selling it for ?

I need to sell the guitar above before I have the funds to replace it, so maybe if it sells then I would be interested in yours, depending on the price obviously... :wink: Could you email me a picture of it to [email protected]

for anyone else reading I might also be interested in the SG Tokai models...

mgdew, the lady is pictured in this thread
http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=20528&highlight=#20528
Make me an offer

ok, updated with pics..

Front
CherryCustomKorean_Front.jpg

Back
CherryCustomKorean_back.jpg

How much in Cdn $$$. I'm near Toronto. I can't really consider a purchase for a couple of weeks, so go do your first come, first serve thing. A price will also help me make an eventual decision. Thanks.

P.S. The neck. Is it more like a 59 chunky or 60 slim taper? Or in between? Thanks again.

ok, regarding price I would be looking for approx ?450 ($775 US $905 Canadian). This price includes a tokai hardcase which I purchased with the guitar.

This price would not include shipping, that would have to be added on and currently I am unsure how much it would cost to send it to various parts of the world but happy to look into it if anyone is genuinely interested. I am in the United Kingdom.

In terms of the neck I would describe it as nearer the 60's profile but not quite as slim, the reason I say this is it is very close to the gibson classic (60's profile) I owned and the MIJ Tokai I own is definately a more meaty neck profile than this MIK.

By the way, all my guitars get taken for a pros setup when I buy them, the action is always set reasonably low (just the way I like it).

I hope this answers any questions but if you have anymore by all means ask away.

Ah. Britain. I get an MIK for around $600 plus tax (15%). SD JB and jazz for $250,... see where I'm going. Thanks anyways for the quick response.

no problem, the killer for someone might definately be the delivery charges, however for a person in the uk it would cost what I am selling to just get the guitar delivered to the uk, the canadian MIK (which this is) has the mahogany body etc whereas all the other MIK's sold in UK on ebay etc are the alder body etc so adding the ?100 worth of Seymours that are in it and a hardcase its a good buy for someone who does not need the shipping cost or can collect in the UK..

thanks mate!

I'm in the UK too so i'm interested. was loking for a MIJ, but yours looks cracking, need to sell my strat first though. So if i dont get it, hope sell it!

no problem, I will probably put it on ebay in the next week or so if no-one else snaps it up from the forum, I will update the thread if i do sell it, if you sell yours and you are interested then just either pm me or reply to this thread to let me know.

anyone else interested ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7379958559&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

just incase anyone in the UK is interested..

just incase anyone is interested... this is going back up for sale, I am asking the extemely low price of ?375 including a Tokai Hard Case. I am willing to ship it more or less anywhere, but the buyer will have to pay for the shipping costs. I will attempt to send it via the most cost efficient method, but will obviously want to make sure the value is covered by insurance on the method I choose.

I am in the uk and the guitar can also be collected by anyone in the uk, only once full funds have cleared.

send me an email to [email protected] if you have any questions.

Back