Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

big question on the price of a burny guitar on ebay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
benrod
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: big question on the price of a burny guitar on ebay Reply with quote

hi- guys i am new to this form. i have couple of japanise les pauls, a 1977 burny ( that was made at the tokai plant) a 1980 burny pre super grade , a 1981 tokai ls50, and a 1982 or so burny white randy rhodes l.p. i bought all of them on ebay over the last 3 years, and paid $400 - $550 u.s. .

my question is this - why do some of these guitars GO FOR SO MUCH AND SOME OF THEM NEXT TO NOTHING ? like this burny randy r. les paul that just sold for ( $1,133.00 u.s.) ( ebay #120050756652 ) http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=002&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=120050756652&rd=1&rd=1. ----- i have seen a couple of randy. r. go for $500 in the last year. why is this one over double ?
villager
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its a nice colour, possibly a 75 model number ..so quite rare ..its got a long tenon which is definatly rare for a burny, and there looks like there was a bit of a bidding war going on..

i am amazed by the screw through the tenon tho...never seen that before...
benrod
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is another burny randy r. l.p. ebay #280050531145 ( http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-BURNY-Les-Paul-Custom-RANDY-RHOADS-Relic-Japan_W0QQitemZ280050531145QQihZ018QQcategoryZ2384QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem ) - its $400 cheaper than the other one ? its looks the same . i dont understand?
villager
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i told you ...bidding war ...look at the bid history of the first one...
whitehall
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People with a lot of money can buy what they want, It really doesn't matter to them if they overpay, they are getting what they want . I'm just happy when I'm the seller in one of those auctions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Other All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: